1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please Help Me Choose a New Car!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by d2mini, Sep 7, 2011.

1. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ya, i think the IV would do it for me.

LOL, good point. :D
    But that was never a reason for selling. Hobbies are expensive. Whether its cars or model trains. No regrets there.
    Only now that I've kept a car this long is it coming into play.

I think the numbers I was quoting was for gas and car payment, assuming i put enough down.
    Looking at it again, gas alone would be a savings of about $1580 from my figures. I'm adding 40 miles to my commute each day so that's 200 miles a week extra. 20 mile roundtrip vs 60 mile roundtrip. 3x the miles. Currently around 10k miles per year and will now be around 30k miles per year.

2012 Volkswagen Golf Trims & Specifications | Volkswagen < VW Golf - 2012 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback

But it's ugly and looks like something my grandmother would drive. ;)

At this point, maybe I'll just stick with my audi. I love it and I'll just compare anything else to it and probably kick myself for selling it. Just have to get through another 12 months of payments AND higher gas bills. Like a few smart ones have mentioned, the maintenance costs probably wont be all that bad.

Looks like the wife will end up with a Prius though. Just need to decide which one!