1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please help me decide between 2, Gen 3’s

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Paprius9, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Paprius9

Paprius9 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone. Would like opinions between two cars I’m looking at, and on the prices. Both are one owner , Toyota dealer maintenance. First is a 2014, “Two”. 85,000 miles. $9350. It’s listed for 500 more, but the dealer already came down a little. I used my OBD and the check engine light was reset 800 miles ago and a purge vacuum switch valve was replaced (evap system). Drives great. Body is good except a 3 foot scratch on the plastic molding under the passenger side door. Under, the plastic shield is coming off. They are letting me take it to my mechanic to get it up on a lift. Maybe they went over a curb. I have no idea how to repair that plastic piece, if it’s even worth it? I attached a pic for your advice. The second is a 2012, “Two”. 79,000 miles. $9550. That dealer doesn’t seem to willing the negotiate. No issues with the body at all (white). It has the faux leather, in good shape. The check engine light was reset 500 miles ago, but it’s not clear why. It had throttle body service, so maybe that was it. MAF sensor was replaced in 2018. Under the gas pedal is a foot heel hole through the floor mat and the carpet underneath, which bothers me. I’m leaning towards the 2014 because it’s newer and cheaper, if my mechanic can verify the condition underneath. What would you lean towards? Thank you!

Attached Files:

#1 Paprius9, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. burebista

burebista Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    About that plastic moulding.
    Mine looks worst after my wife touch a small pillar on the road (she even puncture the back right tire on that pillar, don't ask).
    It cost me 50 bucks to repair it at a tinsmith (hope it's the correct term, the guy who works with metal at a car).
    It looks like new now, only paint is not 100% the same because he told me it was hard to match factory pearl white.

All I want to say is that moulding shouldn't be a problem if you want the car. :)

Johnny Cakes likes this.