1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please - Help with Flashing lights and horn [Solved]

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ToeJamFootball, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ToeJamFootball

ToeJamFootball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We have a 2013 Prius v two that is 5 months old. It has NO alarm system. This morning while sitting in our garage the car sounded as if a car alarm went off. The lights started flashing and the horn went off and on for 10 seconds or so. This happened three times over a period of 2 hours. There is no car alarm in this car.

I turned on the car to see if there were any error messages. We are coming up on the 5000 mile maintenance and the indicator for that was on. There were no error messages.

Has anybody seen this happen before?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you do have a manual panic button on your remote, no?

3. ToeJamFootball

ToeJamFootball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Thanks for the help. I had never really thought about the Panic button on the key chain. I never even tried it.

I have 2 prius key FOBs on my key chain which makes it a little bulky. The FOB must have hit something in my pocket to set off the Panic button. I have had my other Prius (Gen 3) for a couple of years and never had that happen before.

It would be nice if they made a FOB that could be set for 2 cars.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm kinda surprised one fob doesn't interfere with the other at times.

5. fdret44

fdret44 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This is a common problem with the Prius Fobs. The Panic Button (red with a horn symbol) gets pressed while in a pocket or purse. The alarm sounds, lights flash, etc. This was also a problem in the Gen II Prius. Some folks ground down the button so it did not protrude. It was next to the lock and open buttons. My Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon because only 2010 Prius used uppercase Roman numerals for model designation) has it in a slightly different location, but I've still set if off when watching TV or leaning up against something with the key in my pocket. Kind of drives a person nuts when your in a meeting and you hear your car during a business meeting.