1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please identify mystery part

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2010_Prius_Bro, May 17, 2022.

1. 2010_Prius_Bro

2010_Prius_Bro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Guys. I found this part lying on my engine undertray cover when I took it off. I don't know how long it has been there. It might have been forgotten by a mechanic or he might have dropped it and never bothered to look for it. In any case I hope someone can help identify this and where it goes so I can put it back. This is from a 2010 Prius. The only identifying mark is 3R and is about 8 inches long. Thanks in advance.

upload_2022-5-17_23-36-58.jpeg

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Goes on top of one of the front McPherson strut towers, under the windshield cowl. Somebody had the cowl off, maybe worked on the struts, didn't put it back.

[​IMG]

There's also either a loose bolt rattling around in the cowl, or you'll be short one 90119-06786 bolt when putting it back together with the bracket in place.

This is an amusingly recurring PriusChat story. (That's not even the only other thread where the same thing has happened, only the first one I could search up just now.)

3. 2010_Prius_Bro

2010_Prius_Bro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you sir! You're absolutely right. Appreciate the other thread you shared. Same situation, I changed the struts myself and didn't realize this piece fell down. Totally my fault!