1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please input your comments or advise for buying a Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Tekken, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Seller refuse to tell the history of the car, and I forget to took a picture of that VIN # on last driving test. seller just said, get from a best friend drove about 1k miles.

Car has 32500 miles on it and asking for $7200, Salvage title. They fixed the side and hood as I can tell. If the aigbag still problem on, it's worth for $3000. I like to see the car again before I even want to spend $35 for CarFax.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    ah so it was wrecked and fixed on the cheap. I’d tell most people to run away from it. If you and your sister are especially brave, I’d say be very careful.

In some states insurance is more expensive on salvage titled cars. Check it out.

mikey_t likes this.
  3. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My bad, it's passager AirBag.. It's off when passenger not on the seat, AirBag show on, when I was sit on passenger seat.

Just run an AutoCheck and report shows history with No Accident Reported and No Air Bag Deployed

It showed.. it's Junk or scrapped brand. Don't know what's that mean.. It's Salvage title and I guess that what's that for.

Also, This is Prius C, doesn't it came with Aluminum rim like Prius? It has those, Donnut Tire rim with 195/60/15 tires

#23 Tekken, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Somebody damaged that car somehow… and the insurance company totaled it. Then the owner rebuilt it anyway. But because the insurance company totaled it, the title was branded to warn all potential future owners. It could have been an unreported crash, or flood damage… tough to say. Autocheck and carfax both miss things, so be careful. From what you have shared, I think this car is seriously sketchy.

Some trims of the c have aluminum rims, others had steel with plastic covers. My c two came with aluminum rims wearing 195/65R15.

5. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    While many have purchased used cars with rebuilt/salvaged titles and have had good luck,
    Im not sure this is the first car you want to place an offer on.
    Having issues or problems "hidden" and perhaps no service history is not starting on the right foot for your sister.

Keep searching, and perhaps broaden your search to further distance and you may start to find more.
    I see a few around my neck of the woods for around the same price as that one, and also
    see many more under $10k. but yo umay have to sacrifice with higher mileage.
    A 2014 or 15 will give you a few more years on the HV battery warranty,
    however a 2012 will be closing the doors soon enough.

As @sam spade 2 made reference to purchasing new, I too put a lot of faith into new as you know exactly what
    you get and how it has been treated. Perhaps a used certified may get you close with all the extra warranties etc.

Even a non-hybrid would be a good choice as some smaller compacts are getting 40+/-mpg nowadays.
    Toyota makes great cars, Corolla, Camry, Avalon
    Even a 15 year old toyota are tanks and for $2k-$5k you can get a very nice reliable and efficient car.

Good Luck!

6. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER !!! :eek:

Do you really NOT see all of the red flags here ??
    If not, you REALLY need to find someone who has a clearer view of things to help you shop.