1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Please welcome our newest member - john1701a!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Welcome John and ..........

:jester:
    Happy to see you here, John. I've been to your site many times and good to see you join us.
    ...and furthermore, my avatar is Spock, which fits in nicely with your plate!

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi all!

Now I have an avatar (the mini photo on the left).

That is among the first I took of my 2004, a very odd experience too. I never imagined I'd have the opportunity to relive the new hybrid excitement AGAIN!

3 years and 700 published photos earlier, I purchased my 2001. Who would have thought all that would have brought us all to this. Hmm? Kind of makes you wonder what things will be like 3 years from now. (Makes me wonder how many new photos I'll end up taking too.)

The adventure is only beginning...

3. Chas

Chas New Member

Since John has admitted to making his living as a computer geek/nerd/programmer/etc. I suggest .... drum roll please:

:cussing: PRIUSGEEK1 :cussing:

Chas :guns:

4. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    John,

On behalf of myself, friends and family members I would like to say

thank you.

Your website has been very helpful to me. I would always send people who asked me questions about my car there first (I like to send them to Mr. Kash's page too).

I guess you could call me a "fan." I actually have a photo of "1701A The Second" as part of the Prius screensaver I made (I hope you don't mind).

Best wishes as the "adventure" continues.

~Andrew

5. cybele

cybele New Member

What happened to John's avatar?

6. Lars Herrnsdorf

Lars Herrnsdorf New Member

Thanks John

Only because your very good inforramation on your web-page I did take the step to order a 2004 blue Prius including Bluetooth and NAV package in Sweden Yesterday.

Thanks again

Lars

7. tag

tag Senior Member

I think he must have uploaded it before 1/19 (the date we were supposed to provide a link to another site).

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, I still have it and will try to weed it out from the rest and host it on my other site for him - I think it's the least I can do for his participation over here.

9. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hello again.

As you've probably seen, I've been pretty busy lately. It was setting up the next Minnesota Gathering tonight. Tomorrow, it's driving a friend to the a dealer a few hours away to pick up his new 2004 Prius. So that means more photos and a mini road-rally on the way back.

I wonder what I'll do next week. Hmm? I bet it will involve the Prius. :wink:

10. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

John, you've mentioned that you are traveling a few hours to help your friend pick up a Prius. Would you be willing to describe the process your friend went about to make that purchase and the time frame from deposit to delivery. It might help others who would like to follow in those footsteps.

Also, I was wondering if there is a possibility of anyone with a Seaside Prius coming to the Minnesota Starbucks gathering. I have yet to see a Seaside or a Tideland car yet - although Seaside is my first choice at the moment.

Mark

11. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    > you've mentioned that you are traveling a few hours to help your friend pick up a Prius. Would you be willing to describe the process your friend went about...

Call all of the dealers in your state and the surrounding states. Tell them to call back as soon as a Prius becomes available, agreeing that you will sign & fax purchase agreement along with locking the deal via a credit-card charge.

A few phone calls, a fax, and $500 later, the deed was done.

We jumped in my Prius this morning and 250 miles later (round trip), he had his Prius.

> I was wondering if there is a possibility of anyone with a Seaside Prius coming to the Minnesota Starbucks gathering

By amazing cosmic coincidence, he and I spotted our first Seaside just 20 seconds after leaving the dealer! What are the odds of that?

So we stopped for an impromptu photo shoot. And just when we got setup, a man approaching us (seeing the obvious spectacle, having 3 unique looking vehicles all parked next to each other) yelling, "Which one of you is John?" He had immediately figured out what was happening, seeing the 1701-A license. He found that amusing, and he mentioned attending one of our gatherings someday.

And then, by another extraordinary sequence of events, I turned and noticed the car parked in the next row over was a Civic-Hybrid. How bizarre! That was gathering! Whoa!

12. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

Thanks for the helpful information (as always). There's more than one way to find one. Was your friend looking for certain options or open to the first vehicle that was available?

I'm thinking the fact that someone on the street knew of the 1701-A designation is evidence that for every Prius owner there are many others who are keenly interested!

13. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    > Was your friend looking for certain options or open to the first vehicle that was available?

He wanted a Silver BC (package #9). Driftwood was his second choice.

That fully loaded model is hard to come by. Offers for less goodies came his way... but hanging around with me is rather expensive. He saw all those goodies in action and wanted them himself.

And yes, he had to go out and get a Bluetooth phone for he and his wife too.