1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Plug In America Petition re: Ca HOV rules

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by wjtracy, Oct 4, 2018.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I see Plug-In America (belatedly) has a petition complaining that EV drivers of older solo-driver BEVs are being forced off the HOV lanes in California.

>This presents a possible opportunity for 2017 Model Year Prime owners (with 2016 HOV stickers pre-applied by the dealers) in Ca. to complain that some Toyota Prime's got treated unfairly in the new rule making.

> I see there is reference to a new Ca. law that apparenty allows lower income plug-in buyers to apply for HOV stickers even if the used plug-in vehicle already had HOV stickers. Does anyone know if this law applies to PiPs or Primes?

Sign the petition: Let EV drivers stay in California's HOV lanes! - Plug In AmericaPlug In America

I tried to help, some months ago writing an email to Assemblyperson Bloom about the Toyota Prime issue. To my knowledge, I did not get a response.

#1 wjtracy, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018