1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in charger cable organizer?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Three60guy, Jul 2, 2012.

1. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah. I never minded coiling mine. It's so short that it just takes a bout 5 seconds or so. Using the "over under" method, it doesn't get twisted.

2. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'll bite. My L2 EVSE is mounted a few feet off the cement and underneath my back porch. The handle is attached to the plastic holder it came with, but the thick cord hangs down directly below. Rather than have the cable slink all over the somewhat dirty cement, which can be unruly and get contaminated from dust, leaves, etc., the remaining length is coiled directly below within the bottom of what used to be a full sized 30 gallon round plastic garbage tub. It has been cut down to about 12" tall. There are small weep holes drilled into the bottom of the container just in case some moisture needs to drain out of it. This has kept the cable relatively clean and dry. The EVSE itself is locked underneath with an accessory locking bracket, and the 14-50 plug is likewise padlocked behind a water resistant cover on the 240v receptacle. The bottom of the porch is covered with multiple removable doors so that the contents underneath are invisible to nosy passers by.

#62 DavidA, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 100 foot #14 cord. We start reeling at the center if the cord. The real then ends up halfway along he line, but we are cheapskates. :D

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I use one like this:
    Wonder Winder Extension Cord Winding System — Model# WW 2D | Cord Reels| Northern Tool + Equipment
    But I added a 5-gallon bucket to the bottom because my cord won't fit. Then I hang it on the wall, plug it into the wall and the mower, and let it peel out by itself behind me as I mow.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  5. altruistguy

altruistguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Pursuant to the original poster's query, here's a JDM "Toyota Prius Prime Charging Cable Holder". I haven't ordered it (yet).

It appears to be plastic. I may get it to carry around the L1 charging cable with my Prius Prime. OR, just put it in the (almost too small) slit at the back of the luggage compartment.

Shipping to North America appears pretty steep here (at almost $60). But this may still be considered an elegant solution.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    doesn't home depot or the like have something similar for extension cords?