1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug In conversion eligible for the White HOV sticker?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracer70, Jan 1, 2011.

1. tracer70

tracer70 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,
    I have a 2004 model which has 100,000 miles and has served me very well since purchasing it new. I got the Yellow HOV stickers as a necessity because LA traffic is absolute murder. I live in Torrance and commute to Burbank during rush hour going to and from and the HOV access saves me about a half an hour going both ways. Seeing as I've got till the middle of next year, I was wondering if anyone knows if the conversion to Plug In status with the Hymotion battery will allow me to apply for the White HOV sticker? I've found the installation dealers in Van Nuys and Fountain Valley and will talk to them in the new year as well.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. sub3marathonman

sub3marathonman Active Member

From what I have researched, Hymotion cannot legally sell their kit for on-road driving in California. They had been able to for awhile, I believe up to either 500 or 1000 kits. But, at least a few months ago when I was researching this, the CARB has come up with new tests which Hymotion has not submitted nor passed.

If somebody can provide documentation that Hymotion now complies with the CARB rules I would be very interested to see it.