1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug in diagnostic/battery info help Uk

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by iron-icman, Feb 7, 2019.

1. kens97uber171

kens97uber171 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you do the battery capacity or health test make sure that the battery is not overly hot or overly cold when you do the test. It took me a few tries to figure out with my particular car how to get the discharge rate consistent during the capacity test. essentially what it will ask you to do is manually charge the battery all the way up and then turn on the blower fan the headlights or other accessories to keep the draw at a particular amp amount and it has a meatal that goes red or green and you need to keep it in the middle. took me a few tries to figure out what combination of blower fan speed and headlights on or off to make that consistently work. By that time I had gotten the battery pretty warm. And when I did my fast I got 20% capacity and your battery is about shot. So I drove the car around got the battery back to a normal operating temperature redid the test and got 55% capacity. Which seems more in line with the way the car operates. So I just wanted to give you that as a heads-up you may have to try it several times to figure out how your particular car react to the discharge procedure.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Landon51

Landon51 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What is doc
    prius?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Google:

Dr. Prius

I've installed on my iPhone, but (of course) never got around to getting the dongle.

bisco and iron-icman like this.
  4. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Thank you appreciate your help what should I be looking for as a decent battery I don’t seem to have any issues and seems to be charging etc and never getting too low

5. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    It’s an app where you buy a dongle for the car and it shows you bits about the battery and any issues on the car

bisco likes this.
  6. kens97uber171

kens97uber171 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you open Dr Prius, there are battery voltages and battery resistances and it should show you whether there is a problem by coloring it yellow or red I believe. An inside doctor Prius there are several tests you can do for battery capacity and battery health they may tell you something. I believe you can also clear battery codes and engine codes without app