1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in Hybrid Prius Destroyed in Fire

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Snicker, Jun 20, 2008.

1. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Range yes, but not freeway speeds by a long shot.

From their website
    Although don't know why they reference the Prius as coming on at 23 mph, I can easily keep the engine off without any EV switch or anything, just can't accelerate very fast :)

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Since this is a local company, I emailed them to see if I could take a look at the car. I received an email response today letting me know that they have forwarded my request through the company.

Hopefully I'll be able to see it for myself here soon.

3. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No, there aren't really. The point of these sort of early expensive kits is to enlist the help of interested parties (like the electric company that bought this one) to help test out the technology. Almost none of these kits from this or similar companies have been purchased by private individuals, except a few who have an extraordinary commitment to helping further the cause.

These conversions have been going on for several years. The Hymotion offering is a brand new development. They are the first ones to try and offer this technology to the general public at a price that is almost reasonable. Since they are owned by a Li-ion battery manufacturer they can be pretty aggressive with pricing. There is even some speculation that they would be willing to sell these kits at a loss to help drive adoption and future demand for their batteries.

You can get a rough scorecard of what conversions are available from here:
    Prius PHEV - EAA-PHEV

Rob

4. Bob70

Bob70 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I'm in Columbia also. I'm very surprised this didn't make the local news. Hope you can get a viewing of the damage and give us some insight.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    DENIED!