1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in Prius to be tested first in already-wired Manitoba

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by zenMachine, Jul 15, 2010.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Manitoba’s Minister of Innovation — does the U.S. have any government officials with a title even remotely like that? — announced this week that the province is teaming up with Toyota Canada, Manitoba Hydro, and the University of Manitoba to test the long-awaited Prius plug-in, which is expected to compete head-on with Nissan’s soon-to-be-released Leaf. Four other provinces will test the Prius plug-in, but Manitoba is the first.

If anybody’s used to plugging in cars, it’s Manitobans.

“What Manitoba offers,” says the Winnipeg Free Press, “is its extreme winter weather and the fact that in virtually every parking stall there’s a plug for a vehicle’s block heater. That same plug can be used to charge the Prius.”

Plug-in Prius to be tested first in already-wired Manitoba - Canada - MarketWatch

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I dont think the plug-in prius is a Leaf competor. There are market overlaps, but I see them as different buyers.

Anyways, those block heater ports are everywhere in Canada. I guess the MoI was really convincing to Toyota! Either way, I am curious to see how the harsh winters effect the battery capacity. Now we need one in the Diamond mines up north... give it a real workout.

3. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've lived in Winnipeg in the winter. Man can they get snow and wind and cold, yeah, ever car has a cord end at the front of their car already.

I do think there should be more than one in the whole province though... that's not much of a true test. Give 'em like 10.... ;-)

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    oh yeah, we have czars. car czars!:D