1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-ins hit Beverly Hills

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by evfinder, Mar 10, 2013.

1. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was driving into Beverly Hills this afternoon following a Gray PIP. I headed into the parking lot on Beverly Drive with the intention of grabbing a charge while I hit Pannini Cafe. When I got to the parking lot there was another Gray PIP blocking one of the spaces. This is not cool and also dangerous in Beverly Hills as they have the correct signage to allow towing for a car using the EV spaces but not connected to the charger. The PIP I had been following grabbed the other space and since the second charger isn't working and is conned off there was nowhere for me to charge.

later in the day I saw a third Gray PIP parked opposite Roxbury park. I guess Gray PIPs are popular in this area.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Surprised there are not a Calvary of Tesla's

Rebound likes this.
  3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And those Tesla's will charge for like 20 hours or so. You'll never get a charge.

phvdriv3r likes this.
  4. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yep that's true. An army of Prii in Beverly Hills. I can guess they are making a statement and not an economic one.

5. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh I am sure they are there. Tesla's require charging much less, so watching for them at chargers will lead to few sightings.

6. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Per your military reference, can one assume you meant "cavalry" rather than "Calvary" in your earlier post? At first I thought you maybe meant a "mountain" of them.:p I saw a couple of Tesla S models the other day. One was on the 405 fwy, too new to have his green HOV stickers yet, the other in a gated community in Irvine. That is one good lookin' automobile.:cool:

JMD likes this.
  7. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Tesla is a good lookin car. I have seen 2 in my area. Sure there are more since I don't spend plenty of time in my car. The think is they are driven by older people. Maybe they have the $

8. phvdriv3r

phvdriv3r Defender of the Glass - Lemon-ed a 2012 PHV

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen this myself - they'll park in public spots where charging is free and camp for 20+ hours, even if not actively pulling current. In one case where the charger had an open spot, I unplugged the camper as he was sitting in the spot for over 24hrs plugged in.

9. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In case anyone misses this reference, "Calvary" is the hill outside of Jerusalem where, according to the Bible, Jesus was crucified. "Cavalry" is the horse-mounted military unit.

10. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Funny but I went back there today and there were two Tesla in the EV parking spots. One was parked at the broken charger and the other was charging at the good charger. I had to use the 110V EVSE that came with the car so I only got 8 miles of range instead of the normal 11.2 miles.:(

11. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So, is the juice from Beverly Hills any better, cleaner, more powerful, etc? Or more expensive due to the higher prices of goods and services of which you avail yourself whilst your trusted steed is replenished free with said energy?:LOL:

12. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Beverlh hills uses So
    Beverly Hills uses So Cal Edison which is one of the cleanest utilities in the country. Charging is free at the city lots and there is 2 hrs free parking also. Brings buisness into the city

13. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In spite of the city's name, most residents live in the "flats" of Beverly Hills which is a relatively flat land that includes all of Beverly Hills itself. The houses situated in the hills north of Sunset Boulevard have a much higher value then the average house price for the rest of the city. Some of the most exclusive and most expensive homes in Beverly Hills are all situated high up in the hills. Santa Monica Boulevard divides the "flats" into two areas, locally known as "North or South of the tracks," referring to the train tracks that were once used by the old Pacific Electric streetcar line that traversed Beverly Hills along Santa Monica Blvd. Houses south of Wilshire have more urban square and rectangular lots, in general smaller than those to the north. There are also more apartment buildings south of Wilshire Blvd than anywhere else in Beverly Hills, and the average house value south of Wilshire is the lowest in Beverly Hills. Nearly all businesses and government offices in Beverly Hills are located south of Santa Monica Boulevard, two notable exceptions being the Beverly Hills Hotel and the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Just outside the city limits to the west lies the Los Angeles Country Club. Other locations commonly associated with Beverly Hills include the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and the Beverly Center, just outside city limits to the east. image.jpg

14. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Minor correction: as a pure EV, the tesla would receive white, rather than green, stickers.

rogerv likes this.
  15. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I like how someone is attempting to bag on Beverly Hills. I have quite a few clients there. One is the CEO of Abercrombie... Another very nice neighborhood is Bel Air which is near Westwood just north of Sunset.

The people who live in these neighborhoods can buy thousands of priuses....

iPad ? HD

16. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I read somewhere that 40% of the nations wealth in a 20 minute drive from Brentwood. Very concentrated. I also read that the top 1% in wealth in the nation own 50% of the stock market and one in 4 Americans is on food stamps because they can't afford food.

17. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Please get a grip, guys. I was just joking about Beverly Hills, hence the :LOL: . I have clients there myself, and used to work at BH Mercedes dealership. I also know that it is within the service area of SCE. Too bad we don't have "tongue-in-cheek" face to insert.:whistle:

lensovet and JMD like this.
  18. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Lensovet, thanks for pointing out my error re the color of sticker for a Tesla. Don't see many pure EV's, but I should have remembered that they get the white ones. :)

19. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No worries all in fun F Scott Fitzgeralds quote.

image.jpg