1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plugin 2012 - Does not switch to EV mode

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by drsacha, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. drsacha

drsacha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Plugin 2012 does not switch to EV mode, shows error "Low Battery Charge". I see my battery at 95% still error. Please help understand what could be wrong.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sounds like you are unaware that the charge-level is a dual indicator. You'll see "full" for HV and "full" for EV in the same location the same way. The difference is elsewhere. Look below. If you see a miles estimates, you have EV available. If it is missing, you don't... but will after plugging back in.

drsacha likes this.
  3. drsacha

drsacha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you. You are correct. I just purchased the PHEV. Reason was wanted to introduce myself to the technology. Its very different to a gas guzzler. Have still not charged the car once hence had no clue about the difference. Actually I have still not seen the EV option then. Reason I bought the plugin even thought knew well there will be never an opportunity to charge it was me thinking PHEV will has larger battery size hence even if deteriorated will be better than the hybrid. Thanks again.

#3 drsacha, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can look for free chargers on plug share.com, why do you not have opportunity to charge it?

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  5. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring