1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plugin 2012 - Error after connecting OBD2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by drsacha, Aug 5, 2017.

1. drsacha

drsacha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    After connecting a OBD2 adapter the screen showed Hybrid System Error. Also the battery shows zeroed out. The app I used to connect was "Prius Doctor". I immediately stopped the app and launched another app Torque Lite. The error continued. I went ahead and cleared the "Hybrid System Error" fault code. The car returned to normal screen and is showing 80% battery. What could have been the error. Is it possible the app "Prius Doctor" caused the error. Or is the error existing and it was cleared by the dealer before selling the car to me. And the app just brought the error out. Please advise.

2. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm going to assume it's the app. If there is any codes or error codes, it will come up even after you cleared it.

Maybe the apps not compatible with the Prius.

drsacha likes this.
  3. drsacha

drsacha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Had purchased this adapter "Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner OBDII ELM327 v2.1 Adapter Model MS-OBD0006) - For Android Torque". The adapter does work well with Torque. The adapter said it's OBD2 compatible hence thought it good to purchase. Only reason I wanted this is to test the Plugin Hybrid battery stack. Some how unable to find any such detail on on torque. Please help me know if there is a better app for Prius.

4. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    you can check ebay for mini VCI adapter for the Toyota Prius. Its an OBD2 adapter connected to the laptop USB, using their provided CD program so you can use the laptop as techstream.