1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

plumbing question

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eagle33199, Apr 14, 2009.

1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Along similar lines, i was watching mythbusters last night (probably a rerun i hadn't seen yet), and they tested the whole mice scares an elephant myth... Long story short, it turns out it's true! Elephants will go out of their way to avoid mice!

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Mice I can handle. Large hairy spiders with many hairy legs, scuttling across your "equipment" while in an outhouse, *no* thank you

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We went *way* off topic, but did you ever resolve this issue?

4. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Back on topic: To test if your leak is from tank to bowl drop some food coloring in the tank and if it goes into the bowl then yep, it's the flapper.

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Good hint. I've just automatically replaced the flapper whenever I've replaced a valve, no problems

6. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think this is true except if water is overflowing into the overflow pipe which is easy to check just by looking at the water level. If the problem is intermittent there could be debris in the incoming toilet valve assembly causing the water to not turn off completely and slowly fill to the point of overflowing into the pipe, the next flush moves the debris off the seat and it's okay again until the debris finds it way back onto the seat. The dye would tell you if the flapper was leaking if the water level is below the overflow pipe.