1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plus display vs Premium and Advanced

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Kimberly19, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Double check the rate they quote you actually gets the same monthly payment as any online calculator. My monthly payments were quoted about 40 dollars high. After asking 3 times the finance guy finally admitted it included gap insurance. I said I don't want it. He took it out. He didn't speak for the rest of the paperwork...

#41 lextoy, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Kimberly19 likes this.
  2. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    No way your have to finance to get the 2500. That is bs. It's just a trick. Likely to scam you in the finance office like they tried with me. Just tell them you will finance thru your bank or no deal. They will drop it. Since the manufacturers rebate is 2500, insist on at least 5000 off from the dealer. Then settle for about 4k dealer incentive...

3. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Just to note, besides the MSRP there is a $900 delivery fee on the invoice. They won't budge on that. But you should be able to haggle 5-7k off the sticker price. My premium was about 30.9k sticker. But I got it down to about 24k before taxes and fees. With taxes and fees 25.9 OTD. Tell them you want to be at 25.5k OTD... Then walk out when they come back with 27.5. They will call you the next day with a much better offer!!

4. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I saw over the months of watching the pri
    ces thread, between manufacturers rebate or dealer incentive people consistently could get 5-7k off. If Man. Rebate is 2500 , dealer would go up to 3k+... If Man. Rebate was 5k, dealer was more tight, but would still chip in 1k. Definitely have them remove any options your don't want, like floor mats.I was dumb and took rubber mats and carpet mats.duh overpriced. Wheel locks don't need, definitely don't pay for paint protection or VIN etching. I liked the side molding but definitely don't need it. If it's there keep it, too hard to remove.I could have fought about another 600 dollars off the price, but got tired of haggling. Check every number 3 times. OTD should be OTD not a cent more. Dealer will work with OTD pricing if you tell him to... Be willing to walk out at least the first day. I didn't and I know I should have, but at my age felt stupid squabbling over 500 dollars when the Man. Rebate was 5k already.

Kimberly19 likes this.
  5. Kimberly19

Kimberly19 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for such great advice! The only dealer money off was about $900 off MSRP
    Then the manu rebate of $2500.
    Yes, that rebate and finance reqt are probably dealer specific
    I’m waiting on the 2020’s, so in the meantime I’m going to visit several dealerships and feel them out. See how they approach things. Basically, interviewing them for my future purchase.
    I’ll miss the $2500 rebate which ends 6/3, but there’ll be others if I wait it out some.
    This first place came back with things on the deal sheet added in without even asking or discussing options or saying what it was unless I asked.
    Jerks.

bisco likes this.
  6. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL!

Unsupervised!
    iPhone ?

7. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There were big incentives in NY last year starting end-May/early June to get leftovers off the lot, including a $5000 manufacturer rebate. My 2017 Advanced wound up costing me thousands less than my top of the line 2009 Prius Touring. It may be worth the wait and/or worth driving to NY if they give another high rebate in the next couple of months.

8. Kimberly19

Kimberly19 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    They had that $5k rebate in my state too.

Blauer Glimmer likes this.