1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by toolbox, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Man, I go to Alabama for a couple of days and look what happens :) The points are a fun little thing we do that mean nothing and aren't worth anything, but it's fun to donate someone your points (I like Volts, by the way) when they do something nice for you, like answer a question or something of that nature.

2. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius\";p=\"43087)</div>
    :jester: :lol: You all are cracking me up! Too funny!!!!!!!

3. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

Re: points/How do I write "donate" in my signature

OK, you all. How do I place the word "donate" in my signature? I am a newby to all these "shenanagins." You all are quite funny!

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You actually don't even have to - it's under your UserName and all of that next to each of your posts.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius\";p=\"43087)</div>
    Ok Nate, here are 500 points that need a happy home. Care for them, hold them, and squeeze them (but not too hard Lenny!).

6. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    efusco, they will be well cared for. I thought perhaps I would need to add an addition to my home to house them all, but then I remembered my high school geometry teacher's insistance that a "point" has no length, width or depth, so strangely they are all happy living in the back of my Prius. Also, no noticeable loss in fuel economy either! ;-)

Ironically, his name was Mr. Pruis. (really.) I wonder if he was prepping me for this fateful day.

He has since moved on to teach at a community college. I offer this link as Proof of Pruis, although I seriously doubt the Prospect of Prius Preknowledge. If true, though, the Prophesy has Proliferated!
    http://web.grcc.cc.mi.us/math/faculty.html

Perhaps I shall gather enough of them to make a "line"... but that might take a while...

Keep those donations coming!

Nate

7. gturtle

gturtle New Member

I tried donating 100, then 50 points to naterprius. It said I couldn't donate that many points to that user. 25 worked. What limits the number of points you can give? The number of points you have?

8. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I may from time to time donate my points to worthy causes. However, I have heard from a reliable source that Toyota is offering a 2010 Prius in exchange for 330,139 PriusChat points. :oops:

9. gturtle

gturtle New Member

I bet some folks would be happy if points moved them up the list.

10. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Terrapin,
    I saw you were almost out so I gave you 25 of mine. I can't stand to see a Dead Head who's down on his luck.

BIODTL!

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lucyjeanne\";p=\"43077)</div>
    i c you have a lot of room to talk...

12. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

:lol: You all are extremely clever with words and darn funny!!!

13. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

:oops: YO MAMA, again! How in the world did I get 449 points, for gosh sakes? You all are cracking me up!!!!! I just want to know how I can get that word "Donate" in the signature-- the "hot" donate word that enables you to click on the word and go to the screen that lets you donate these worthless, hysterical points.

I have to say these meaningless points generate a lot of clever comments -- even if they are mythical in nature. :p

I emailed our young guru, Danny, to ask him how I can become among the elite with the hot button (Donate-- in blue) in my signature.... (That sentence does NOT sound right or proper........)

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    sorry lucy... but you cannot have the donate button below your name..

the "donate" button is for when you want to donate some of your points to someone else. that is why everyone has a donate button but you.

however, to everyone else you DO have a donate button,(you may have noticed your point total has improved...) because we can donate points to you. you cannot donate your points to yourself is why you dont see a donate button for you.

15. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"43216)</div>
    When the Cat's away...... the kids run amok...... :multi:

16. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

Tony said."Under everyone's name (except your own) is the word 'donate'. When you click that link, you can donate some or all of your points to that person. In fact, LJ, I think I gave you some of my points."

OK, my guru, Tony! You are smart. How do I place the word DONATE in my signature so that it is a "hot" button-- so that when your mouse goes over it, you are automatically transferred to that new screen that enables you to donate these mythical, worthless, -- (yet, nonetheless-- hysterical) points-- to someone else!

I went from 36 points to 400+!!!! You all are nuts!!!! :p I actually took my new points to the supermarket today and bought 3 bags of groceries. The store let me donate the points in lieu of cash.............. :lol:

So much for fantasy.....

17. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    HEY, ms. L J ya can't have donate under your own name.. cause ya can't donate to yourself.... we all can donate to you and you can donate to all o'us...gitit :lol:

Bob Andersen

18. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

the sacred "Donate" button!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"43420)</div>
    :cry: I want a DONATE button!! :cry:

You all- I am not TOTALLY dumb. I know that I cannot donate to myself!!! I KNOW that the sacred DONATE button enables us to donate to others. How do I get the sacred button in my signature line so that I can donate these weighty items to others? I am a firm believer in charity..... :lol: You all are wearing me out!

Pretty soon-- I won't care if I get a sacred DONATE button.... But that's OK. I will have all the points! :p

You all are going to cause bladder problems (and NOT in my Prius...) with all of your humor! :D

19. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

OK, you nut cakes! I donated 50 points (I am starting conservatively...) to Canuck-- because I felt sorry for him because he seemed to have so few points-- for the amount of entries he has posted....

Now there are many of you who are quite worthy of these sacred points-- and I will consider you (after you submit a detailed essay explaining why you should be chosen) at a later time.

I naively believed that if I donated some points -- that MAGICALLY the hot "donate" button would appear under my name. But alas-- charity did not bring about my coveted Donate button. I'll bet there is something I need to "click" on in one of those drat windows for "profile." You all will have to tell me how to do it-- or keep making jokes-- and giving me your points..... :lol:

20. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Lucy Jeanne, you need to sit with another PC user when they are logged on if you want to see the 'donate' link under YOUR current points. The link shows up only for people TO whom you can donate points. As you said, you already know you can't donate to yourself. Therefore it will NEVER show up under your info when it is YOU who is logged on. Perhaps you are thinking there should be a hotlink on your posts where you can click and get another screen where you can choose the PCer(s) to whom you want to donate. Sorry, doesn't work that way.