1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by toolbox, Oct 2, 2004.

1. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"43683)</div>
    Danny, I hope you know the guy with the point printing press... you just about gave away your stash..... :rofl:

Bob Andersen

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Liege.
    I shall never say 'Ni' in your direction.

3. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think that the confusion regarding the incredible vanishing Donate link indicates a problem with the user interface on PriusChat. I suggest that it be moved to a new button below the message (along side Profile, Buddy, Ignore, etc.) It seems like the perfect home for this amusing yet esoteric feature.

4. gturtle

gturtle New Member

Where are the points? I don't see them or the donate button anymore. Perhaps they are shy and didn't like all the attention.

5. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

:p I am on a DONATION streak tonight! In fact, I lost track of the folks I donated to! But here goes!

I donated PP (get your minds out of the toilet) or otherwise known as PPP (pp=precious points; ppp= Prius precious points) to: Billyb, Dave in OlyWA, Bruceha, and Tony! I am jamming here. Feeling very charitable. Do not spend them at the supermarket or the mall all at once..... They are very valuable....

You all make me smile..... and this "point" business is absolutely hysterical. Totally goofy. :wink:

6. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deh2k\";p=\"43781)</div>
    Amusing, yes. Esoteric, yes. But ALL IMPORTANT, absolutely.............The points are the main thing that governs every aspect of our lives..........

7. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

I just HAD to donate 50 points to Deh2k because this person had soooo few points for the number of posts this person has made..... My heart went out to this "low pointer...." Enjoy your gift, Deh2K!!! 8)

8. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    LJ, you are a gem. Thanks to your generosity I have an extra spring in my step and the sun is shining brighter (once the fog lifts). I have donated 25 back to you and given the rest to charity. I figure that'll save me ultimately since it will put me in a lower tax bracket.

9. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Being serious for a moment I really don't get the point of all this. :|

10. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Canuck\";p=\"44000)</div>
    The point is that, the point are, to get to the point, pointless. Which brings me to the point that the very pointlessness of the points is the point of this point thread. To get the point of the points requires pointing out the various points and how the points can be pointed to a particular person.

To help you with these points I'm donating 100 points to your current point total.

Could we please get back to the point? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Evan...

thanks for pointing that out for us!!

12. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

:p I have a few pointed questions to ask: Why does deh2k have so few points when I generously donated 50 points of my dwindling stash to him on Wed. night? Did he eat them? Buy a new Prius with them? (They ARE convertable to cash-- you know-- on line.....)

And Naterprius-- how in the world did he get 874 points with so few posts??? Someone loves him...

Canuck-- :wink: note to you: If you are looking for the point of all this foolery-- look no further...It is pointless-- but immensely meaningful for those seeking the aswers to all philosophical questions of life....

You, Canuck, are seated at the foot of all knowledge when you continue to read the wise words on this particular thread.....

13. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    To quote Pogo (to whom we should donate most, if not all our Points)......

"Somehow, the humor in this strip eludes me." :D :D :D

14. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hytec\";p=\"44048)</div>
    "we have met the point donator and it is us".....

ca-ching... another 2 points!!!!! :lol:

Pogo was a great comicstrip... but I guess you have to be old to remember....

Bob Andersen

15. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

16. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Donating points makes me feel confronted with insurmountable opportunities!

17. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I gave deh2k 5 points for quoting Harry Nilsson. Talk about an Oblio reference! "A point in every direction is the same as no point at all."

And I gave lucyjeanne 5 points for (in a different thread) pointing me toward Hecht Toyota for the double-ended (2 points) touch-up paint pen. A related point is that this pen is not yet made in Salsa Red Pearl. They have a few points to clear up first.

Not to needle the rest of you, but has this thread reached the vanishing point? I think it shows that a good meeting point will draw good-natured people.

Tune in again next Sunday for another episode of PriusChat Point/Counter.

deh2k good luck on your mounting.

18. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Not talking to myself, just following up on some old confusion here with Points not always shown.

You won't see anyone's Points until you log in. On some machines I don't stay logged in and I noticed this difference today.

The hard part was logging out first...

See you at the Chicago Marathon (I'm not running, but I can find a train or bus for you).

19. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

Note to EFUSCO: How can I quite from 2 different people in my response? How do I do that? (I will give you points for your answer!) I see that Tony has done that on this thread (I should have asked Tony! But you know a lot of STUFF.)

Secondly, Jimofdg: I am glad that you looked into the Paint Pen (ball point pen-type item with paint color on 1 side and clear coat on the other side!-- a Toyota product-- available at Dan Hect Toyota in Effingham, IL)--and I thank you for the 5 points that you have donated to me! I must be too generous as I have been donating 25 and 50 points to lucky folks-- to PUMP up their valuable point counts (so they can trade them in for a Prius.........) :p :lol:

Keep smiling-- that's the point of the points! (Danny really created quite a monster with the points. They have taken on a whole life of their own....) We should all donate points to Danny for providing us with much mirth!

20. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am not Evan, but it is rather simple. All you have to do is to learn how to use UBB Code.

http://www.nirvana2.com/ubbcode.html
    http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/ubbs/ubbcode.html