1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poll - What 2010 Prius Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Jun 14, 2009.

?
  1. Package II

23.0%
  2. Package III

13.0%
  3. Package III + Nav

9.1%
  4. Package III + Solar (including Nav)

7.2%
  5. Package IV

4.9%
  6. Package IV + Nav

9.0%
  7. Package IV + Solar (including Nav)

16.2%
  8. Package V

7.2%
  9. Package V + Nav

8.9%
  10. Package V + ATP (including Nav)

7.7%
  11. Winter Grey

11.6%
  12. Blue Ribbon Metallic

11.0%
  13. Barcelona Red

10.9%
  14. Blizzard Pearl

24.5%
  15. Classic Silver Metallic

15.3%
  16. Sandy Beach Metallic

4.2%
  17. Black

1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Swingshiftworker

Swingshiftworker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm trading in my 2006 driftwood pearl Pkg 6 for a 2010 Pkg 4 w/Navigation in classic silver w/dark gray interior for a $264/mo (plus tax) 3yr lease w/$1k down and net $10k back to me (ie., $11k trade-in) and am picking up the new car next Tuesday. Oh, yeah, I get the 2 years of free service that Toyota is offering too.

Was on the fence about trading the 2006 in because it still runs great w/only 36k miles on it and has CA HOV stickers on it which are good until 6/2011, but I never drive during HOV hours anyway and decided that I wanted to cash out on the bulk of the equity remaining in the 2006 to use for other purposes.

Yeah, I know I could have gotten more selling it myself and I know the pros and cons of leasing. Leasing made financial sense in this case and I just didn't want to be bothered with selling it myself. So, please don't waste your time trying to lecture me about those issues.

I'm happy w/the deal and that's all that matters. :rockon:

2. BlizzP10

BlizzP10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We just brought home our Prius II in Blizzard Pearl. We initially got internet quotes from larger dealerships in the region, and then also contacted a few local dealerships. We had a false-start with a set of negotiations at the nearest one when it initially seemed that they would give us a fair deal on our trade in and also give us a price on the Prius that wasn't too far off from some of the internet quotes. That experience was pretty stressful, and the dealer said that there was something "fishy" with the internet quotes. We thanked them for their time and got up and left. Three days later we sealed the deal on the same model & package at a dealer 1.5 hours away for $3000 less (lower price on the Prius + $1500 more for our trade in).

The first dealership didn't even want to give us the money that Toyota was offering ($750) off on the car, and they indicated that the free service visits for the 1st two years was something THEY would give us (they never mentioned that it was something Toyota was offering). It was all smoke and mirrors. We didn't get any of this b.s. from the place we purchased our car.

We'll enjoy taking our new car to the first dealership for all our free service visits (we have a good relationship with the service department--just not the sales dept). Of course I won't post names of the dealerships here, but shouldn't Toyota hear about our experience?

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Go ahead and post the names... perhaps they might change their ways. Yes, let Toyota know your experience... you will get a dealership survey in the mail in the near future. This is your chance to let them know. Welcome!

4. highbreeder

highbreeder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    2010 Toyota Prius V with ATP & after-market Inalfa 845 sunroof
    Blue Ribbon with beige
    Berkeley, CA at Berkeley Toyota $36,000 (incl. tax, license, sunroof)
    7/29/10 off the lot. Took 0% financing for 36 months.

5. 2010PriusIII

2010PriusIII Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    * So I bought a 2010 Prius with package level III and only other "option" were the carpet mats:( that are already removed for Weathertech mats ;).
    * Exterior color = Silver. Interior color = Grey fabric (but that will change with grey leather to be installed in a few weeks).
    * Bought at Ernie "Come on Down!" Boch Toyota on the Automile in Norwood MA
    * Purchase price was $3k UNDER MSRP :D with 1.9% financing for 60 months and 2 yrs "free" service from Toyota.

I was playing chicken a little waiting for the year-end deals since I only wanted that color and option package. But I was only looking to buy one of these cars, and Boch had it for the year-end discount.

I'm glad that there is a popular forum here at PriusChat so that newbies like me can learn about my new ride from all of you. :)

6. cerby25

cerby25 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Silver level 3 with solar package.

$26,627 & Toyota auto care package.

I've been wanting one for 5 years, so I'm happy!

7. wingtipwalker

wingtipwalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just got our first Prius. Black Level II with tan leather...I was looking for the cheapest ride possible. I don't entirely understand why, but they were able to sell us a II with leather cheaper than a II with cloth. I'm guessing it's to do with a higher residual on the lease or something. Ended up after two dramatic exits from the dealership at $259/mo on a 36 month (36k mi) lease with only $750 cash down including the first payment.

The only thing I wish I had that I don't is bluetooth. Does anyone have any opinions on the Blu Logic? Prices for dealer installed? Do you think I could do it myself? I'm an above average do-it-yourselfer, but I'm nervous about disassembling plastic trim pieces.

8. 26nm

26nm IC Desgin Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just bought the Prius II base Silver color (model #1223), comes only with carpet for 20488.00 and 0% Int. for 36months from Toyota. 2 yr free maint. is included but tax and lic. are extra. It comes down to ~3500.00 off MSRP with no interest for 36mon.

I am sure the Prius is very much over stock (over 20,000 in US dealership in Oct.) as price is getting lower every month with the promo deals from Toyota. It will probably be another 1000.00 cheaper after Nov. 1st but I just can't wait for another promo any longer.

Around the same time last year, price was MSRP and if you are lucky if they don't put you on waiting list. Now I drove the car out in 2hrs after I walk in the dealership with no hassle. They are happy that I took it off their lot. I always want a hybrid and I am so happy that I made the purchase.

9. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought my IV with solar in July 2009 and yes, I had to pay full price and had a wait, although not for too long. Back then though, it was because the solar roof was very hard to get. Even now, after 15 months, I don't remember see another one with a solar roof "in the wild."

Congratulations on such a great deal. Enjoy it - even if it is $1,000 cheaper next month!

10. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    White model.
    I have NO idea what "package" I have, but it must be the cheapest one available - I wouldn't know. This is a company (AT&T) car, and I'm just trying to figure out how to drive the bloomin thing!
    Just put my third tank of gas in. According to the "Dizzy-Whizz", I'm getting 46MPG(+/-) doing mostly interstate driving in "Eco" mode. 1011 miles so far.

We'll see....

No mechanical issues so far. NUMEROUS ergonomical issues, but I'll opine on those in a different post, after putting a few more thousand miles on "Goofy" (replaced "Squeaky", my 1997 Chevy Cavalier)

Cheers!

11. britbikemike

britbikemike New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2010 package 2 w/mats, Bluetooth, Prius protection rear bumper, tinted glass, and a $200 dollar wax job ripoff under the guise of "Desert Protection" Classice silver w/darkgrey interior. No wait, plenty of Priuses on the lot traded an 05 Nissan Altima with 91000 miles. Phoenix area. Forgot to put color in original poll

12. M D

M D No more gas guzzler :D

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Picked up my Black V with ATP yesterday :) Traded in an 07 BMW 328xi in which I was horrendously upside-down, making me have to take finance over 72 months to interest the lender in covering the difference.

13. BT0001

BT0001 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    • Package level + options: Nav, Homelink Mirror, Floor and Cargo mats, Cargo net and FA kit thrown in
    • Winter grey color
    • Bought the car on Oct 29th/30th at Mossy Toyota, San Diego, CA
    • Cost was 24,899 plus taxes, title and license, got the 60 month 0.9% loan
    BT

14. navy48

navy48 LBII (Lil Blue II)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LOVE OUR PRIUS!

we got the Blue Ribbon Blue Prius II with the Bisque Interior. only options are the carpeted floor mats and cargo mat. for Christmas, I got my wife a set of Euro Mudguards (from PriusChat) and a Cargo Net from our awesome dealer, O'Brien Toyota in Indy. :)

15. spork

spork No Spoon - I Drive a Spork!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bought a Prius II in Blizzard Pearl in late October. So far, so good! Great dealer, too. My wife and I love ours...

We wanted the blue, but they didn't have one. But I love this color. That's it on my member avatar... oh yeahhhhhhh. :D

16. Mr. Prius

Mr. Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just got the 2010 Prius II with 18k miles on it.

17. Mr. Prius

Mr. Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  18. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    • Prius III: Floor mats, bright lower body side molding (already on the car) Hankook iPike snow tires installed by dealer before delivery
    • Blue Ribbon Metallic over Dark Gray Cloth
    • White River Toyota, White River Junction VT, 12/11/10
    • Bought on Friday, delivered on Saturday, GREAT salesman named Hugh Lorey

19. flyrevs

flyrevs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    want to purchase one with gas prices going North of $4 in 2011 !!!!!

20. chakrax

chakrax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2010 Prius II - Blizzard Pearl, with Dark Grey cloth interior
    Floor mats
    Lower Rocker Moldings on doors (looks nice!)
    Rear Bumper Applique
    Stevens Creek Toyota - Great salespeople - Ray Khandan and Alex
    purchased on 12/23/2010