1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poll what color did you get and are you happy with it

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by benalexe, Sep 21, 2012.

?
  1. Blizzard Pearl

30.3%
  2. Sea Glass Pearl

13.4%
  3. Clearwater Blue Metallic

22.7%
  4. Classic Silver Metallic

15.1%
  5. Winter Grey

18.5%
  1. Ken Blake

Ken Blake Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I really like the look of the Winter Gray Metallic, but it's dark enough to have "black car syndrome" (looks dirty unless it was just washed). My last car was a Super White II (color code 040) Supra Turbo for 7 years, so I was ready for a change from white. The dealership I was working at had ONE Classic Silver Metallic PiPa in stock, and a whole bunch of the Clearwater Blue. Silver is probably the best color at not showing dirt, and I live in Oregon, where we get lots of "liquid sunshine", so it was a pretty easy decision. I haven't seen one other PiP in silver since I bought it. :)

2. IEAS

IEAS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Went for white purely because my kids thought it was the coolest colour. Definitely growing on me.

3. Zimmy 1

Zimmy 1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I went with Silver also on my PIP and I am happy with it. It does not show dirt as fast as my old car, which was solid black. Looked great when washed but dulled out and looked awful.

Ken Blake likes this.
  4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The PIP should be in Black.

5. larryakoch

larryakoch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Color? They are in color? I need to talk to my optician.

JMD likes this.
  6. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We got white but hubby once he saw the blue pip wanted that one but since we waited 4 months for it, I was not going to turn it back in (pre-order). White is great for So Cal. Still wish they had RED.

JMD likes this.
  7. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Took white because I love the pearl and also because it's the most visible color by far of the ones available (safety)…silver cars are basically invisible in many conditions, especially fog, and black cars attract dirt, bake in the sun, and are basically invisible at night.

8. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I got gray since it was the only dark color available on the pip, but I would have rathered black. I had blizzard pearl on the 2010 so I didn't want to get that again. Overall, winter gray metallic is a nice color but me personally would rather have had black than a gray. It's almost a bit too 'pale' of a gray.

9. Ed Lover

Ed Lover New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Blizzard Pear, and we love it!

10. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :cool:My two all time favorite colors are silver and metallic red. I've had plenty of both in the past. My PIP first color choice was silver. Had two choices, Clearwater Blue Metallic or Winter Gray. Blue was OK, but chose the gray. Happy with the gray, especially with medium tint, and the 17" Prius 5 wheels. The larger silver wheels makes it more classy. I wipe tire shine on my tires daily. As a result, from a slight distance, the Winter Gray looks super clean. Clean wheels and tires makes the dirtiest car "look" cleaner, while dirty wheels and tires, the opposite.

11. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    While searching California this March for remaining 2012 Plug-ins, I noticed almost all the available cars were in Sea Glass Pearl. Indicating this was the least popular color choice, which matches this threads small survey results. So that's what I got, and I like it more each day.

12. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sea Glass Pearl, I Love the color also! Enjoy your car.:D

13. MK500

MK500 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I like the silver the best of the available colors, so that's what we went with. What I would have preferred is bright red.

14. Rav

Rav Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I initially wanted the blizzard pearl but settled for classic silver metallic. glad I decided on this. the color is much better especially after tinting my windows. when I see the bp I am glad I didn't pick it as the color just seems to look yellowish to me. Plus, that Plug In silver strip on the hatchback with the badges looks best in silver and winter gray.

15. Bonefish Blues

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Sky Blue Metallic - UK colour - but to me it looks like Clearwater re-labelled.

Maybe the Brits spend more time looking up, you guys looking down?

Do you think it's the same?
    [​IMG]

16. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It looks like the Prius v comes in "Clear Sky Blue Metallic" in the US, which appears to be paint code 787. The Prius "Clearwater Blue" is paint code 8W1.

So, although they may appear to be similar, they're probably different. If the above image is an accurate color representation, I like it better. It seems a little darker.

I found this picture of a UK PiP.. so I guess its possible the UK's "Sky Blue" is the same as our Clearwater Blue.. but not the same as our "Clear Sky Blue"

[​IMG]

17. mountain mpg

mountain mpg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sea Glass green, great color, on the lighter side for the hot temps in the desert.

18. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I got blue. I wanted white but was too cheap to pony up the 2 Benjamin's for white. Lighter color equals cooler car interior and lower AC use which equals higher efficiency and higher mpg. Theoretically anyway. But obviously, it'll never cover the cost difference. So blue it is. I would've taken green. I really have no preference.

19. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Blue. Hadn't had a blue car for quite awhile. Most people commented on the color initially, probably because it was a new color. There are more Toyotas with that colorway now, so it's not so rare. Not a great color when dirty, but it's great after a wash and wax.