1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

POLL: What's your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by That_Prius_Car, Sep 19, 2010.

?
  1. Gay

15.5%
  2. Straight

82.5%
  3. Bisexual

2.1%
  1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You know, maybe it is a generational sort of thing. Or maybe a regional sort of thing.

And, honestly, it is fine that all of you people are having a (mostly) good time in discussion. :D

But, with my cadre of compadres, I could never see a discussion like this. Gay, yawn. Yeah, so are the Seahawks playing this weekend?

In other words, in the circles I mostly move in, we have so many other concerns than an individual's sexuality. I will admit I haven't read a good number of the posts here, but have read a fair number.

It just startles me that as a society that something like this gets so much attention. It's all good as long as it's not bad (and you, I, and the state attorney know about the bad:p).

Life's short -- enjoy it!

1 person likes this.
  2. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Haha, you sound like Edward from Twilight.
    I have to control myself, OR I'LL GET YA! :D

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You're from Oregon. You're comfortable discussing beavers in polite company.

Unfortunately image matters. If people don't buy a Prius because it's considered gay they're wasting gas.

I do agree it's partly generational. Although Maine voted down gay marriage 53%-47% in last year's referendum it's the 2nd oldest state in the USA and loses a lot of college graduates.

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We have lots of Canadians, as well.

Oh, and Australians, too.

5. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The other names mentioned below are terrible. I've witnessed them said to people both in person and digitally, and it never fails to set my blood boiling. I guess someone heard it said to them near me at walmart once, and I didn't hear it but it pissed me off.

A ton of words have been twisted to mean different things. A good friend of mine finally put my mind at ease with people saying "that's so gay" all the time. She asked me "Have you ever called something or someone lame?" And I said yeah. She is in a wheelchair...

Was a very good point.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hopefully, there will come a time when differentiation is unnecessary and thus the code words to describe it. whatever 'it' is.:)

2 people like this.
  7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Language is full of metaphors. While we don't want to be needlessly cruel, people need to lighten up. People can be lame, so can jokes. You can be blind drunk. Tests can be double-blind. Conversation can have a pregnant pause. Without metaphors language loses texture and subtlety. Besides, the alternative is to embrace stupid expressions such as "height-challenged". I prefer "short".

Any expression becomes hurtful when used with hurtful intention. It isn't the words, it's the meaning behind them. Some have been used hatefully for so long we will never get them back. Others are still in limbo.

Tom

8. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Another question, what do you think of gay people?

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my daughter works in the cosmetics industry. the men are mostly gay. what do i think? i wish she could find a straight guy as nice as some of them.

10. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What do I think of gay people? Which gay people?

I tend to think of people according to their characters and personality.

I like to be around friendly, happy, upbeat people, gay or straight or bi.

I tend to avoid negative, critical, grumpy people, gay or straight or bi. (or tranny. Don't want to forget them, either)

Gay people are PEOPLE. That's what I think. :)

4 people like this.
  11. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    +1 to Rae. I once had someone ask me if I would leave our boys with a gay person we just met. My response to them was I wouldn't leave our kids with ANYONE we just met. I don't care if your gay, straight, bisexual, transexual, might draw the line at necrophilia. I'm more than happy to call a person a friend based on the fact they are not a$$holes and decent people.

1 person likes this.
  12. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well like, I went to a football game with Becca a few days ago and Zakk's friends were telling him that they should kick my a** because I'm gay. It hurt and it was extremely awkward for the rest of that night. I'm not the type of gay guy that's annoying, I don;t go around hitting on everyone I see, I stay to myself. I was actually scared that i was going to be put in the hospital that night for getting beat up.

13. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hell, sorry to keep bringing your name up Brad, but even you know how West Virginia is. You even get put in danger for what kind of car you drive! ESPECIALLY a Prius. If you have a Prius here, the chances of you getting run off the road because your car isn't "man enough" is high! This state is very un-progressive.

14. AkustaVirtaa

AkustaVirtaa Sähköistäjä

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "the Prius is a gay car" :eek:

First time I heard this.. :D In Finland they just says Prius is car for engineers or wannabe hippies... :D Nice to know, I have to remember to highlight to people that I am married with woman... :D

15. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad you are not in the hospital due to some closed minded jerks, hopefully you're not in the hospital typing on a Blackberry or Iphone.

16. dzawski

dzawski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well I am a straight man and I know my Prius is either a stright girl car or a gay boy car because it lets me cum inside it.

17. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    wow, TMI

1 person likes this.
  18. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nah, I'm home. I never really go anywhere else. I call my friends, their with their boyfriends, so they can't do anything. The last time I did anything at all was two weeks ago. I don't have a car, I can't get a job because I don't have a car, which means I don't have any money, I never go anywhere, I stay in my house day in and day out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. My Dad can't take me anywhere because he works constantly and his only day off is Sunday and by then, no one can, or really wants to do anything. I can't be myself here because if I do, I might get beat up. I have to worry about things 2x as much when I'm in public. I'm just about to go insane. Seriously. Try staying in your house for a month in a half and only going out three times. I went to my friend Kristens, I can't just hang with her all the time because she lives like 35 minutes away. I went to Wheeling for 1 day to see family. Then I went to the Football game. It might not sound like it's that much, but think about it. It's everyday, I wake up, go for a walk. Come back, eat, then stay on the computer all day. Nothing else.

19. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought *I* spent too much time on the computer. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you really need to get out more. Where's your bicycle? There must be someplace interesting nearby that doesn't involve gay-bashers. Or go for a hike...build a tree fort...read a book...build a model...

Surely the house needs some maintenance? Painting? Maybe you could make storm windows or something. And I never heard of a garden that couldn't benefit from more effort. It's good for you, too. Apparently there's some microbe in soil that has a positive effect on our brain chemistry. Yes, really. :)

20. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't have a bike. "/ If I did, I couldn't ride because there are no trails, and the only trail is about 10 miles away, which means I need a car to get there and I don't have a car. I garden wouldn't do too good now because there are bee's everywhere and it's getting cold outside. House is fine, it's a brand new home, so there's nothing that needs to be done. I can't go hiking because the snakes are bad right now, and in the winter, the coyote's are out and about and there are tons of them here. Ugh. There seriously is nothing here.