1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poll: Would You Buy Another Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by eheath, Apr 15, 2012.

1. tedjohnson

tedjohnson Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I did, got 262,000 and was still going strong with LMPG of 61 on 2000 Insight 5 spd. Bought 2010 Prius now has 38,000 miles at 57 LMPG- just getting broken in, almost had a 70 mpg tank.

2. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Probably not. I find that the hybrids I've driven and currently own require too much effort in order to attain EPA estimates. Also the potentially high life cycle costs are likely to wipe out much of the savings.

The only reason I have the Prius is the hatchback design. With other, more attractive wagons and hatchbacks becoming available in this price range, i am doubtful that I would consider another one.

iPhone ?

3. pointedfeet

pointedfeet New Member

Absolutely! I wont consider a regular gas engine car anymore. I recently sold my 2005 Prius and bought a used 2011 Prius. I have looked at other cars because my friends thought I should have a different car. But there is no comparison out there. Best hybrid on the market with all the technology gadget on 2011 Prius model V ..... Too bad that they removed some of the gadgets in 2012 model. It took me a while to find the exact car that I wanted.

4. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Q|: Would I buy another hybrid?

A: It is too early to tell. I do enjoy the Prius, and don't have a problem achieving 50 mpg with little effort, however the long term costs (post 100K miles) have yet to be seen. Paying for a new battery pack or an inverter would put a pretty big dent in any fuel savings I might have realized over the life of the car.

If the question were would I buy another Prius, then that answer would be "maybe".

There are a lot of exciting new hybrid models coming on the horizon, and the Prius is going to be in for some competition.