1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poor Baby Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jiburton, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jiburton

jiburton New Member

One month ago, I got my used 2006 prius at a great deal and have been happily commuting in it ever since... until yesterday.

Was traveling on a three lane road [empty except for the ford and myself] when a Ford F150 driver "followed what his GPS told him" and crossed three lanes without looking... I was in the way. Car held up beautifully - no air bags deployed, just crumpling of the hood above the right front wheel, some pushing of the headlight inward, hoods up a bit, side view mirror is off, scratches are all over the wheel cover, and a nice black smudge/dent on the right front door which no longer opens. Both drivers came out unscathed, but the car remains less lucky.

Though the car looked drivable [I had to drive it home - no comment on insurance policies...] I heard a scratching noise when I went to break. I've deemed it un-drivable ever since.

Anyone had this type of damage to their right side? I'm hoping my body shop +mechanic works their magic and I can get back in my clam by the end of summer.

2. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

I've had an accident with F150. I was dirving my Miata, when an F150 switched lanes without realizing I was parallel to him. Because my Miata is so low and his truck was so high, I only got tire damage to my car. His tire bent the right side of my car, no damage to the paint or anything else.
    Sorry to hear about what happened to you.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Although the circumstances are not happy, welcome to the site. We need to see pix. Hopefully it is all just sheet metal damage. Good luck.