1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poor Interior Lighting

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by WD0AFQ, Sep 1, 2012.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This has been the only negative thing I have noticed about the C. The above lights do a great job in the front seats, but has anyone noticed they do nothing for the rear of the car? I had to use a flashlight to find my stuff Sunday night while in Indianapolis. Thinking I may need to put a light above the rear seats, in the headliner. Maybe side lights, like my 65 Mustang has, would be easier.
    Has anyone addressed this yet?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Revan86 likes this.
  2. south central

south central Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think we've all noticed it. Some have addressed it with LED bulbs. The light in the "trunk" area is pretty crummy too, btw. There was a post a while back with all kinds of gripes listed. Interior lighting, super scrawny visors and the absent "chirp" when remote locking/unlocking are my issues. My solution: I carry a small LED flashlight in the little tray front of the cup holders, had a tint strip applied across the windshield and "just live with" the absent chirp.

We just love the car otherwise and focus mainly on the mpg ;)
    Deb

3. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had not noticed that there is a light on the driver's side. Wonder why not one on the other side? We are up north of Detroit and the car is packed and ready for our return trip to Mo. I read the above note and went out to move stuff around and sure enough there is the light. So, not as bad as I thought, at least when it is not loaded down. My lovely bride bought a bike at a yard sale and I have it disassembled in there too, ha. Oh well, thanks for pointing me to the one light in the "trunk area".
    Dan

4. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It is a little bothersome I think toyota could of put a light back there. I just get out my iPhone and use the LED flash as a flash light if needed.

5. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I keep a small led flashlight in the car. Will look this situation over good when we get home and the car is empty. If we need another light I can install one somewhere.
    Dan

6. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I 've always kept an LED wind-up flashlight in the car. It is a little weird to need to use it in the back of the c and if I had a choice I'd prefer to have the traditional "dome" light but as I largely don't take rear seat passengers it doesn't bother me *that* much.

7. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    From the manual:

Operation signals
    A buzzer sounds and the emergency flashers flash to indicate that the doors
    have been locked/unlocked. (Locked: once; Unlocked: twice)

The manual also says that the default for both of these is On, and that they can be changed only by the dealer. However, on my Three, contrary to what the manual says, there's this setting on the Display Audio unit:

Setup-> Vehicle -> Lock/Unlock Feedback Tone

This allows the volume of the tone (it's a beep, not the horn) to be set anywhere from zero to max. I have mine turned off.

8. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    That's only for the Three and Four. The One and Two don't have sounds for locking.

9. south central

south central Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It's a smart key feature/option ... and alas, our Ones and Twos have the dumb keys... :p

Deb