1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Poor Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cireecnop1, Nov 21, 2007.

1. excuseMeButt

excuseMeButt Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Mine looked much worse and it wasn't totaled. We spent 8 weeks in the shop and the total was $13,000. Good luck with yours.

~buttster

2. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Nov 23 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]543459[/snapback]</div>
    ha ha ha, yea sure.
    I think if they dont total it it will probaly be a lot to repair it. I wouldnt be surprised if it was in the $10k and up area.
    It pushed back the inverter and the engine was all cock-eyed when i looked at it. when I crashed the car was flashing "PROBLEM" on the touch screen and it had a car with an exclamation point in it. The gas engine wasn't running well either I pulled over and parked on the battery.
    If they don't total it I will be trading this car in when its repaired. and hopefully getting a diminished value check for this also but more than likely not.

3. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like your poor Pri is an accident magnet like mine. I got a large dent in the rear driver's side panel while parked in a hospital parking garage, then had somone back into me with me in it a week later. This after I've scratched the hatch door by opening the garage door with it open not once but twice.
    I have an appointment with the body shop Monday.

I'm hoping the parking garage dent can just be pushed out when they repair the creases on either side of the tire, and perhaps they can give me some touch-up paint for the one on the hatch.

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $7,001 is my guess then. :D :p

5. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Glad hear you weren't seriously hurt. If you haven't already, you might see if you state's insurance regulators have any helpful information on their website.