1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Pop up messages" not working with Google Pixel 2 XL Android Phone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jxpc, Jun 10, 2018.

1. jxpc

jxpc New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't seem to figure out how to get text messages pop up on my screen. I have 2014 Prius Four w/Nav and JBL system. The phone connects via bluetooth fine and I can make calls, stream from Spotify, etc., but the system doesn't seem to show text notifications on the screen when I receive them.

I have both the setting on my phone and under the car settings turned on for receiving notifications.

Anyone know what gives?

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Incoming texts will display and the car screen will ask if you want them read. Notifications won't show up. I have a Oneplus 3T phone and that's what happens with my setup.

3. jxpc

jxpc New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine isn't doing that, to my knowledge. I have tested it out a few times by having my girlfriend text me while I am in the car and bluetooth is connected and I have never noticed it display on the screen and ask if I want it read. It seems all of the settings are correct on both my phone and on the car.