1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Popping or clicking sound

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bingshounds, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Bingshounds

Bingshounds New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    2007 Prius 140,000 miles makes a popping or clicking sound when go from stop and hit gas to accelerate and it’s only a single pop i have checked all cv axles and everything I can think of to check can something in the cvt make that noise it’s almost like there’s 2 pieces that come together that have a little play in them and when you go forward it pops with the little play in it only thing I can think of at this point is it’s in the cvt any help appreciated I can take a video if it would help diagnose the problem thanks in advance

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i agree, could be a worn joint. can someone hear it next to the car when you hit the gas?

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    With the car in park (and parking brake not applied) try rocking the car forward and backward to see if you can recreate the noise. Might be a bad cv joint, maybe some looseness between the outer cv joint splines and the hub (usually if the axle nut is not fully torqued), or something else.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.