1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Populating unused fuse positions, what terminal do I need?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Myself248, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Myself248

Myself248 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a Prius Two, which means it's missing a lot of options. Which means my under-hood fuse box has a ton of vacant positions.

I'm now looking at adding some toys of my own, which means tapping power from somewhere. I hate aftermarket fuse holders; they look ungainly and once you have a couple of 'em it's all messy, and after all, there's a reason the OEM makes a nice organized box to hold everything!

Seems like I should be able to solve situation B with situation A.

The way these fuse boxes are made, is that one terminal (the source side) is a busbar within the box, and the other terminal (the load side) is actually a crimp onto the wire that runs the circuit in question. That's why the vacant positions are missing a terminal -- the wire isn't installed yet!

I have the crimpers and the confidence, just not the part numbers.

Ideally I'd love to learn the terminal part numbers for both the low-amp LP-ATM positions and the larger (J-case or something?) high-amp positions. But I don't know where to begin looking for this information, it's not like the fusebox comes with a datasheet.