1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Port Options Floor Mats etc. Accessories?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by csriram45, Feb 24, 2012.

1. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And I was surprised there was no bag to put it in (the cable) - but I can buy a bag...

It was nice that Dianne Whitmire gave us a nice pouch to put our tons of manuals in...

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Wow, I thought there would have been a bag too. The demo cars had a Toyota emblemed bag to put the 120v charging cable in. I can always get one like you mentioned but would have been nice for a 'unique' car to include one.

3. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    They have it on the Japanese site, and obviously it'll likely be a different price than exactly what they sell it for, but the conversion exchange rate puts a spare charger at $1026.77 USD

1 person likes this.
  4. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ouch - hope my charging cable does not get stolen...

5. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah. The japanese site also sells a lock for the charger so when it's plugged in, it's locked via a key to your car. Not sure if we'll end up seeing that accessory stateside.

6. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, because I am trying to plug into 110 at work not a charger....so a lock would be handy but again depends on if available and price...
    '

7. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    At approx $900 it seems that they should have thought about some form of locking. I'd be interested in a lock for mine in case i can find a 110vac somewhere.

8. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Matt,

What's the link to the Accessories site in Japan?

9. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    you can see the lock here on this page: toyota.jp lock for PHV
    unfortunately the cost is quite high just for the locking mechanism: $171.

The rest of the basic accessories are on that page.

1 person likes this.
  10. C56spd

C56spd New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just bought everything needed at a discount from the Priuschat accessory store - THANKS!!!

11. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just looked and there is a plastic spacer for where the key/lock would go in the charger port.. so it would have to be the entire mechanism - to lock the charger cable on.

12. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I hadn't ordered the lower rocker molding but had seen how nice it looked on other cars so i spoke to my dealer, and even though the car is on the boat they're going to add it when it arrives to port.

13. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Yes, from what we have seen, most all accessories available are added at the Port. So you can add items up to about the time it gets delivered to the port.

But do check the option price and what others may be selling it for. I opted for the moulding and carpet mats. I'm happy with the moulding, but for $225 the mats seem a little cheapo for me. I wouldn't recommend them and have ordered some all weather ones from here at priuschat.

-mark

14. moolman

moolman Member

I plan on adding the lower rocker moldings too but if you check the priuschat store, they are a much better price than MSRP. Especially if your dealer is charging you MSRP.

On a side note, if you read past posts on how people put them on their cars. It may be better to put them on yourself. Others commented that the port did not do a great job lining them up on the car. Also, comments were that they are super easy to put on yourself, just some double sided tape and you'd be able to line them up better.

15. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Eh part of it is just having it done by the dealer and so if i'm unhappy i can speak to them. Also having it included means it gets tacked on to my financing so i don't have to worry about buying it after the fact, or ship times from the store.

16. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE

Here are some things to notice on the Toyota.jp site.

The back door has a PriusPHV decal. I wish we had a simple "Prius Plug-In" or "Plug-In Prius" decal.

There's a photo of the Gas Release lever on the floor, like my 2007, with a Charger Door Release, which the US PIP doesn't have. I wish we had a Charger Door Release lever to keep other out.

I wish the US PIP included the Charger Plug Lock, like their PIP has, or something to keep the charger from "Walking Away".

Their Charger cable comes with 100 v and 200 v connectors. If the US Charger had this, we could use the factory supplied 120 vac unit on 220 vac, instead of the expensive Leviton unit.

I Translated the pages, but CANCELLED each download of the Japanese Language, so I'm not sure if I saw everything.

17. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder what their motivation was for not including the lock. It may have saved a few pennies now but I bet, in the future, it will be a standard feature. (I'd be willing to pay several hundred dollars for that it is was upgradable).

18. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Gave up waiting for a PiP-specific rubber cargo mat and ordered the OEM one for the regular Prius hatchback. I'd hate to spill something that would make a mess of the carpet on the chance that someone would eventually have one with the folding panel made to work with the narrow charger storage door. I don't need regular access to that area, which is a good thing, because the cargo net clips block the panel from opening.:rolleyes: