1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Positive Prius C Review By The Auto Channel

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by afrowalking, Aug 26, 2013.

1. afrowalking

afrowalking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    "I have driven many hybrids over the years. Toyota seems to have the market cornered with its Prius family. The Prius c, the smallest of the four models, is a definite bargain at just over $23,000 and a fabulous 52.5 mpg in our test. It may seem small, but it has a large interior that seems willing to take on all challenges."

2013 Toyota Prius c Three Review | By John Heilig

2. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I can't see how anyone could give this great little car anything other than a positive review. Thanks for posting.

afrowalking likes this.
  3. Mr Gee

Mr Gee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    This guy seems to base his whole dislike on one thing: He got 4.7l/100km on a 20km loop that was 2/3 freeways at what he claims was 80 km/h and 100 km/h, with a cold start. That's 50.05 MPG. He sounds like someone who theoretically should know about the Prius and fuel economy, but it doesn't look like he does IMO. He's basically set up a test to get the best possible economy from his Skoda and the worst possible economy from the c,

I assume the majority of his driving was at 100km/h and he was spending time trying to push it around, with the air con on. I find it difficult to get fuel economy that bad on drives of that length.

I mean tonight I drove 18km from dinner in my parent's part of town to a shopping centre near me, with the car warmed up (It had been stopped for literally only an hour). Most of the driving was 60/70 km/h, bit of 80 km/h. Air con off, ECO Mode on, wasn't especially trying to drive economically... floored it a couple of times to scoot past idiots. 3.2 l/100km, which is pretty much what I always get on that drive. 73.5 MPG. My tyre pressures aren't even up to where I normally have them after they dropped them at the last service (and funnily enough I find the ride too soft now).

His Skoda Roomster pulling 4.9 l/100km on mostly freeway driving which will favour it doesn't impress me, no.

Not going to comment on the CR review... the fact that we collectively trashed his review so much that he had to publish a unprecedented defence (which we still trashed) says a lot.

The Toyota Prius C isn't a good car, and here's why

And a selection of the many PC threads:

Consumer Reports eh what? | PriusChat
    Want to know why the Prius C was trashed by Consumer Reports? | PriusChat
    Consumer Reports twists the knife | PriusChat
    Consumer Report responds to criticism of their review | PriusChat
    cars.com defends the Prius c from CR report | PriusChat
    Consumer Report Video Review | PriusChat
    2013 Toyota Prius C doesn't get much love from Consumer Reports | PriusChat

6. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess the honest CR review isn't what the PRii crowd is willing to accept, even though
    it's accurate IMO :confused: