1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible damaged fuel line

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Andrew810, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Andrew810

Andrew810 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all. I just recently bought a 2014 Prius 3 and I had an incident last week. As I was pulling into a driveway that slopes down after you cross the threshold, The height of the car was not high enough to clear once over the threshold. Suffice it to say the bottom of the car scraped the pavement. I could feel the scraping. I was not going very fast and I'm not seeing any leaks of any kind nor am I smelling any fuel. I can't even see any damage from where I scraped the bottom. It was like the front half of the midsection. What I am noticing however is a drop in fuel efficiency. Whereas before I was doing 48 mpg street, now I'm doing like 38. Highway is still basically 50. Is it possible that I damaged the fuel lines or part of the exhaust system?

2. Bay Stater

Bay Stater Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's unlikely you did any damage, but you should put the car on ramps and inspect the bottom ASAP.

3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your fuel mileage decline is probably do to some other underlying factor. If you have been using your A/C more than usual, this might be the reason. If you had damaged any fuel or exhaust system components, the vehicle management systems would likely have reported a problem by way of the CEL light.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    sounds like your imagination. i do that a lot. if you really feel there has been a change due to the scrape, put it on a lift and look at the suspension. there are no fuel lines low enough to be damaged.
    a lot of people scrape their pri, but it's usually superficial or damage to the aero panels.