1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible DiCE "easter egg" found (or almost found)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SynergyGuy, Jan 28, 2008.

1. SynergyGuy

SynergyGuy New Member

DiCE "easter egg" found (or almost found)

I have the DiCE unit installed in my 2005 Prius for more than 2 year now. Yesterday however, something unusual happened and I have not been able to replicate the steps I accidentaly took to get there.
    While driving on the highway, I was listening to some music and accidentally pushed the "previos track" button on the steering wheel. I reckon I must have pushed it long enough to be recognized as a "Previous CD" command. Usually this would make the DiCE unit go into the well known "PLAYLIST", "CHAPTER" and "ALBUM" modes as you keep skipping. But this time, I was prompted with the "VOL", "BAS", "MID" and "TRE" modes which are reserved to the AUX1 input only. Modifying any of these settings would effectively change the sound coming from the iPOD.
    Today, on my ride to work, I tried everything I could imagine to bring the DiCE unit back into that unusual mode, but to no avail.
    Has anybody gotten the DiCE unit to enter into this mode before or know the steps to do it?

Thanks.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You went to DISC 5, Track 2. If you leave it there and go to the other discs you can mod the input values for the AUX jack ONLY. Those settings won't affect the iPod in anyway.

3. SynergyGuy

SynergyGuy New Member

Yes Vagabond, I know that. The thing is that in this particular instance, DISC 5, TRACK 1 (which corresponds to iPod) was selected and still I was able to go to DISC 1,2,3,4 and modify the audio settings. While modifying those settings I could hear the audio coming from the iPod change. Since then I have not been able to get the unit to enter into that mode, I still don't know exactly how it got there, but it did.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It was just a glitch, it's not supposed to do that.