1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Possible future vice president J. D. Vance introduces bill to promote gas-powered vehicles

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Gokhan, Jul 16, 2024 at 11:25 PM.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This is good news:
    Can I borrow your Time Machine?

When I surveyed the online stores this week, I found then as low as ~$0.60/round. Do you have a current, cheaper source?

I was pleased to see the variety of makers although it is likely some are just 'repackage'. Wiki shows five bullet and powder options so I'll test the extremes:
    • 3.56 g (55 gr) XM193 FMJBT 993 m/s (3,260 ft/s) 1,755 J (1,294 ft⋅lbf)
    • 4.1 g (63 gr) GP 90 FMJBT 851 m/s (2,790 ft/s) 1,679 J (1,238 ft⋅lbf)
    Then see what can be done on the round consistency.

Glad to see you are still shooting 35 year old ammunition. Have they aged well?

Bob Wilson

2. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I know the differences. Like where does ac go. Some have two 12 volt batteries. The concept is good.

3. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Our neighbor 4 doors down owns a Leaf. We often get a chance to talk and belong to the same gym- since I drive a Plug in Hybrid and he drives a BEV we compare notes on each others car. They like their Leaf and whole heartedly endorse it. They have owned if for awhile and drive it exclusively around town. They bought it used and have only have nice things to say about it. They have said it is the perfect around town inexpensive car. They only use 120 volt plug in charger to keep theirs charged we use a 240 v level 2 to charge ours.

I was surprised to see so many negative comments here on that inexpensive commuter car. It seems like it would be an outstanding fit for individuals who needed an inexpensive car for just around town.

They also own a Toyota Highlander for when they travel.
    They are both retired and seem well off, could probably easily rid themselves of the Leaf and get another vehicle if they desired.

#23 John321, Jul 17, 2024 at 2:48 PM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2024 at 3:00 PM
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Great site for tracking ALL amo/prices .... today's 223 prices range from 35¢ all the way up to multiple dollars per round. Even shipping costs, if any;
    enjoy!

http://WWW.ammoseek.com/ammo/223-remington?sh=high

Even the higher pressure NATO rounds start at only 1¢ higher than 223

#24 hill, Jul 17, 2024 at 2:49 PM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2024 at 2:56 PM
  5. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep, President Trump promises to roll back many of these insane electric vehicle mandates on day one and return to common sense.

We, also, need to get rid of the "incentives" which is really just a tax on poor people to give to the rich....everybody has to pay the taxes but only the rich can afford to plunk down $50K+ for an EV....it's un-American and actually just theft!!! If something is good and worth buying, people will buy it, period.

Yes, we still need some regulation to keep us safe and to keep corporations honest but let the free market decide what car we can buy and what stove we want and how many friggin gallons of water our toilets can flush!

If Trump wins, a lot of these car companies that have moved over too hard into the EV side are going to be hurting....I believe this is why Toyota seems to be lagging behind on the full EV fad.