1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible Hybrid Battery Failure? Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by faith2walk, Dec 2, 2008.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you sure you didn't just get a tank of bad gas? we got mid-20s mpg when we got some bad fuel on a road trip last january. it took a couple of tanks of good fuel to clear out all the crap.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've reached the limits of what I can do easily with the Graham miniscanner. Most of the things I want to look at now take more than six data values and in some cases, I need faster, engine, battery power, and transaxle states, and slower polling for things like shifter, accelerator and thermal values.

Is there anyone doing active Prius studies with this tool? I'm mostly interested in how well it can be used for custom data monitoring.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

3. txtabby

txtabby 2011 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Reply to Shawn Clark:

No, I meant I have about 25,000 miles on the car, with 10,000 left of the warranty. I bought the car in Austin, TX new at a dealership. Thanks tho...

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The hybrid (HV) battery, not the small 12 volt lead acid battery, is warranted for 8 year/100K miles. For those in California and the other CARB states, it's warranted for 10 years/150K miles. TX is not a CARB state.

See http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-h...s-price-reduction-prius-hybrid-batteries.html for the current price.

Many on this board would tell you that if you were out of warranty (past 8 years/100K miles) and your HV battery failed, it'd be better to buy a used battery from a wreck or looking into getting the bad cells swapped out.

5. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good news! You've got a lot of warranty left on the traction battery as another has already noted...another 75,000 miles. This was one of the clinchers for me. Having a long warranty on the traction battery and hybrid components effectively removed my major maintenance worries with the Prius tech.

Many (owners and non-owners) are unaware of the duration of this warranty.