1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible Motor Mount Issue

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by tr_blankenship, Apr 7, 2021.

1. tr_blankenship

tr_blankenship Junior Member

I believe that I have a broken motor mount in my 2001 Prius, but to be sure I'm wondering if anyone has an exploded view of the engine that lists all of the mounts as I am unsure of how many there may be since there are essentially two motors.

Also, has anyone replaced the motor mounts and was it anymore difficult than a standard vehicle?

#1 tr_blankenship, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  2. mroberds

mroberds Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try https://parts.olathetoyota.com/v-2001-toyota-prius--base--1-5l-l4-electric-gas/engine--engine-and-trans-mounting , but that just shows the mounts in isolation, not where they are on the car.

The Prius has one gasoline engine and two electric motors, BUT the two electric motors live inside a housing that looks a lot like the transmission on a non-hybrid front-wheel-drive car. The whole assembly of engine and transmission attaches to the body of the car in the same was as most other front-wheel-drive cars.

I've never had to swap one, so I don't know how hard they are to do.

Tryyn likes this.
  3. johnHRP

johnHRP Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    It is very similar to Corolla 1.8 L mounts. You cqn check on corolla forum or video. I doubt you have any motor mount issue in Hybrid. Thr engine does not tilt or rock as much. In regular car, the angle changes from D, N, and R. In hybrid, reverse was purely by MG2 and only forward and D the ICE really drive directly and add power the ring gear/final gear to axle. In corolla the most common failure is the gel filled passanger side/right motor mount. The rest are solid rubber and virtually never fail without any accident or very bad pothole at high speed