1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible source for MANY Die Cast 1/34 Scale Prii w/ front doors that open

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by rufaro, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    RUFARO HAS asked me (I'm a phone call away) to tell you all that her internet access has been giving her fits for a couple of days, BUT also that:

1. your l'il cars have indeed made it to Petaluma;

2. she expects to be posting Wed.; and

3. <strike>the price per car has tripled due to an unforeseen tariff on Chinese goods, imposed by the Bush administration at the request of an unnamed Japanese corporation</strike>; <strike>upon opening the cartons, she was appalled to discover all the cars are the familiar colors of U.S. Army-issue camouflage</strike>; <strike>it turns out her relatively low cost is because the cars are "seconds", bearing a striking resemblance to the 1952 Henry J</strike>; <strike>the cars melt if kept in temperatures exceeding 80 degrees</strike>; <strike>Danny is pressing her to affix "just married" decals to the cars</strike>; <strike>she misplaced her poodle's contacts, and the poor thing, mistaking all those little cars for---would you believe it?---fire hydrants, well, ah</strike> she has "some news" for you, which I promised not to divulge.

2. exhuman

exhuman Member

I've just got to save one of the babies. I couldn't bear it to see the poor thing at the mercy of the ebay wilderness. Please add 1 champagne/driftwood to my order (which was 1 blck + 1 white).

My new total order would now be (1 Black, 1 White, 1 Champagne/driftwood)

Thx.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Jul 26 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]292476[/snapback]</div>
    Uh oh. This can't be good. None of the service recalls have been done, right? They don't come with batteries? They're all red and only turn left? The teeny tiny drivers are holding the cars hostage and are demanding back pay? We were shipped little hummers by mistake? :D

4. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do they come with tiny little "NOPEC" bumper stickers?

5. exhuman

exhuman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jul 26 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]292659[/snapback]</div>
    In a note of optimism, let me predict that the WeePrii are actually PHEV's. You'll be able to use your cell phone's charger to charge it up at night. Then during the day use that same cell phone with the WeePrii's blue-tooth. Due to their smaller scale maybe the MPG will become MPCC for Meters Per Cubic Centimeter. I've already sent a wee HOV app to the California DMV so I can get wee HOV stickers. Still looking for those wee carpool lanes, tho'.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exhuman @ Jul 26 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]292665[/snapback]</div>
    They're on the left side of the sidewalk.

7. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Scott Carey is anxiously awaiting his new ride.

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Jul 26 2006, 02:45 AM) [snapback]292476[/snapback]</div>
    I'm BAAAACCCKKKK...After having spent an hour last night talking to someone sleepless in Bangalore at Belkin, to see if the problem was my modem (do not know, they will get back to me...), and 4 hours this morning with Comcast, getting the damn house rewired (kid seems to have fried the connection that WAS through his desktop...love downloading them virii), and is now ACTUALLY wireless so he can't mess us up again...Now, I've been trying to catch up.

If I didn't know that so many of you wot are gutterminds would say, I'd note that I think Jack may have just gotten me into trouble... :blink: Oops. Just said it, didn't I? I am NOT AT ALL SURE, other than assuring you the cars ARE here, and to watch you inboxes for "invoices," to what "news" Jack referred... :eek: And the water damage is REALLY very minor...those all-weather mats I upgraded to REALLY help... :rolleyes:

But--watch your inboxes! If you have not yet emailed me your shipping info, please do so ASAP.

WeePris remaining NOW:

THREE!!!! champagne/driftwood pearl ONLY!!!

9. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry boyz and girlz....but internet problems have still be plaguing me...Am now rushing to catch up on invoicing y'all, then will start shipping asap...NOT tomorrow, since NOT weePri is spending the morning getting tinted and I got no way to get home during the interim...

Watch your inboxes, kiddliwinks...and, for those of you who have not yet emailed me...LOOK FOR A PM!!!

10. chanterelle

chanterelle Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Phew!!! I thought the weePri ran out of gas, because the weeDriver didn't pulse and glide enough, and had to be towed to the dealership, to get the weeTriangle-of-Death turned off, and to refill the tank, so they can finish their journey, but they were having a hard time finding a small enough nozzle for the tank!

Glad to hear that things are coming along swimmingly, unlike the Mazdas. (Sorry, I couldn't resist!!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 27 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]293293[/snapback]</div>

11. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jul 26 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]292659[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm...whoever heard of LITTLE hummers anyway???? :p

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ooops...BAAAD dog...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...If I have sent you your invoice via PriusChat PM OR PriusChat email (as opposed to you having already sent me your contact info, and/or KNOW I know your user id and your real name) and you then proceed to pay me on PayPal...PLEASE be sure to include your PC user name somewhere on the paypal form! Or I get to keep the unattributable money... :rolleyes: ...and resell your cars... :eek:

More gnus soon...

13. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Phew...update time...

I have just sent the invoices for all the one and two car orders.

There are about 20 or so orders involving 3 or more cars.

Those will take me a little longer to work out because 3 cars puts it over 1lb, and then I have to figure postage based on your zip code...SO...if you have not already done so, now would be a REALLY good time to EMAIL me your shipping/contact info...

Pretty please?

And, while the dust is still settling...I believe there is a grand total of ONE champagne/driftwood car remaining in the orphanage...

14. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 27 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]293409[/snapback]</div>
    Playing with little hummers with pull back would be no fun. You would pull them back 10 inches and they would only go 1 inch forward. :lol:

Cant wait to get my WeePri. I have some big modding plans for my extra one. :D

15. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 27 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]293476[/snapback]</div>
    PLEASE...IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO...EMAIL ME WITH YOUR SHIPPING INFO...AND IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID...THANK YOU :D ... ARE YOU POSITIVE I KNOW YOUR REAL NAME AND YOUR USERNAME????
    Please DO NOT use PM...on my profile the choice to email me is available. If you use this instead of PM, then, when I get the notice from PayPal, I CAN MATCH YOU UP TO YOUR USERNAME WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, and it will save me some time. Pretty please?

Today's problem...weepri drivers picketing my house for better working conditions...they ALL stomped on the Comcast junction box and created a line fault...So I am betwixt and between places with internet connections...Patience, dear fellow Prians, I beg you! :(

Also, a question came up yesterday...Are the WeePris 2006 models...? All I can say for certain is they are GenII-like. There's no antenna, but there IS a hatchback (that doesn't open), and there is an itty bitty HSD logo on the back. These are TOYS. I can't tell the difference between a FULL SIZE 2006 and 2005...Never mind the 1/34 scale ones. And the drivers aren't talking to me. :huh:

16. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 28 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]294051[/snapback]</div>
    I think you should set a deadline after which you will publish a list of the offenders who placed orders and did not follow up with shipping information and payment.

17. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 28 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]294051[/snapback]</div>
    Have you fed them? Given them a place to freshen up and maybe nap for a while? For goodness' sake, bake them a batch of cookies and send them home on the train already. Have you counted them lately, btw? Where *is* that dog? :D

18. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jul 28 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]294163[/snapback]</div>
    Unions. Damn 'em. ;) (doglet is beside me, looking VERY innocent...gotta go count...) :eek:

Message to Jane of North Carolina, purchaser of (and payer for), one red mini WeePri...who are you please? PLEASE email me...or doglet gets dessert...

19. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No you are not seeing double. This IS a repeat from post 1 in this thread...

July 29, 2006 Seeing as I was a veritable innocent when I started this... :D ... I apologize for my learning curve time. Next week, once I have shipped all of THIS lot, I will have available WeePris on a...well...rotating basis...

You'll get to see in pretty close to real time colors available (which should be all of 'em, since I will see it in real time too...and it won't be 180 cars in 2 weeks, so the WeePri drivers and I should be able to handle it better...). I'll be setting up a kinda official "store front" for the WeePris here on PC--just gotta get Danny's attention for long enough to figure it out!

Thank you all for your patience and good humor!

20. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    WOO HOO :D I just got an e mail that my wee pri is on its way!!! THis is almost as exciting as getting my bluetooth cellphone from EBay last week :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.