1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible source for MANY Die Cast 1/34 Scale Prii w/ front doors that open

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by rufaro, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter

Drifter Member

As much as I'd like to get my little cars right away, I'd suggest waiting at least a week after you get your exact pricing to make the order. Not everyone visits priuschat every day, and I think you'll be getting quite a few more orders.

2. mcsj

mcsj Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <strike>I would like one of each color.</strike>

I've seen the actual diecast back in April during my trip to Toronto. The oriential-gadget store located opposite of the "Main Street Square", owned by a Chinese family, sells those for $5 (Canadian dollars, + 15% tax) each.

I didn't get one because I wasn't thinking of getting a real Prius at that time. :(

3. dkenglish7

dkenglish7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Would love to buy one blue and one champagne. Thanks for doing this!

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, Rufaro. :)

Make mine silver, obviously! Actually, I wouldn't mind one of each colour, for a total of six. I have no idea how many requests you have from Canada, but if you are in need of a Canadian distributor, let me know. I might be able to supply a nearby US address and have someone pick them up there, if the foreign shipping costs are prohibitive. Assuming you'll be making money on this, I'd be happy to show a few to local Toyota dealerships and see what the interest is.

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So far so good everyone. Still room in all colors, but black & white are filling up fast...although we DO have ONE greedy soul after SIX white ones...but it's still ok! Hey folks, I hear DRIFTWOOD PEARL (aka Champagne) is a GREAT color...And lots of you, though you were "early responders," haven't designated colors yet!

Don't worry--I'll definitely keep counting up as long as it seems like a good idea--which means that I won't end up with a boatload of only one color left to dump on eBay 'cause you guys bailed on me! :rolleyes:

6. Drifter

Drifter Member

I'd like to edit my original order. I want four total: two champagne, one silver and one either black or red.

7. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll take a white one or two.

(Have you seen any plastic ones that float I can take into the bathtub?)

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drifter @ Jul 13 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]285667[/snapback]</div>
    I am sure you are right, and I am definitely holding out at least for the colors to even out some, which they are doing nicely! And everyone here has learned the art of patience in waiting for their Prii! No, I am in no hurry, really--but I really do need to make sure the numbers don't get too lopsided, so I'm monitoring it carefully. Anyway, if there does appear to be sufficient interest, I CAN do it again. I was concerned about meeting the minimum shipment charge combined with what number makes it possible for me to still deal with, as this is NOT my real job (I just play a car salesman on tv... :p ) There really is going to be a tipping point for me, though, when it will take too much time to ship out. BEFORE I hit that, I call it quits on this one, but can always do it again in the future...once I forget the pain... :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jul 13 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]285673[/snapback]</div>
    Well, hyo, with your request, it is a total of ONE Canadian request. No, I really can't ship up there for sales purposes. Selling my software across the border I can get away with, but I have a feeling both of our governments might eye my reseller's permit a bit jadedly if I got quite so blatant with toys. AND, yes, it does cost too much to send stuff there...so--you're really gonna have to find some American shill to take delivery for you, and to pay me in US currency, because PayPal takes too big a cut for conversion. I am NOT making a big profit here--honest! But, more to the point, DH, aka Dr. President Big Boss Programmer Guy will get just a tad miffed if I call the IRS and Revenue Canada both down on our heads over some toy cars... :( I'll mark you down for one of each for now, though, and you can let me know how you'd like to handle it...wanna meet me & DH in Seattle in September for the handoff? B)

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One silver and one red for me, please.

(For the color I have and the color I wish I had :) )

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcsj @ Jul 13 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]285670[/snapback]</div>
    I HATE it when that happens! :eek:

11. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Put me down for a white one if you are able to get these orders matched up with your deliveries. I don't think I want one but with all the hype I've seen I figure I could sell it later and really beef up my retirement fund.
    Thanks for doing this, for me and the people who have not thanked you.
    Tony

12. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Manasseri @ Jul 13 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]285750[/snapback]</div>
    DANG--why didn't I think of that?! Here I am selling the buggers for a song instead of putting 'em my safe deposit box! :lol:

And you're welcome--and everybody's excitement has been fantastic, and I feel like Santa Claus, except the kiddies are PAYING me for their prezzies--cool! B)

AND, MOST IMPORTANT--unless I get some more action on a few other colors, or xlarimer agrees to give up at least one of the six s/he has reserved, there are no more whites to be had for the time being. I am now deciding whether to bump up another 2 dozen or so, but that still only would give 4 add'l whites, and I still have a few others--champagne/driftwood pearl, red & silver mainly going homeless. REMEMBER--there are only 2 of each color per dozen!

13. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 13 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]285631[/snapback]</div>
    Okay, no Tideland Pearl or Magnetic Grey, huh? :( I have a feeling that you are going to get hit with a disproportionate number of requests for Silver as I believe that 50% of Prii are or were built in that color. Black is sure to be popular. I wouldn't be surprised if the strong requests for white are just an anomaly right now, but it will certainly be interesting to see what the total mix of requests is.

Okay, put me down for one Black, one Blue and one "Champagne" please. Thanks again.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 13 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]285519[/snapback]</div>
    what did you think of the movie?? had a chance to go to portland for a preview that included a Q&A with the director... missed that... already major regrets but was sidetracked earlier in the day had to go 75 miles in the opposite direction. although i got back to oly in time to go, was already burnt out on any more driving for the day since the ride home was mostly at 25-30 mph

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 13 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]285519[/snapback]</div>
    what did you think of the movie?? had a chance to go to portland for a preview that included a Q&A with the director... missed that... already major regrets but was sidetracked earlier in the day had to go 75 miles in the opposite direction. although i got back to oly in time to go, was already burnt out on any more driving for the day since the ride home was mostly at 25-30 mph

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

17. mcsj

mcsj Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Let's make it easier to ship. I want a dozen in its original package.

18. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    May I please have two red ones?

Thanks.

19. mike b

mike b New Member

I would love a silver one.

20. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll edit my original request on the side of greed as well. I'd like a complete set of one of each color plus an extra black (to play with.) As long as they're not over $20 each I think I can handle that. Very nice they have driftwood and silver. That makes all of the original colors of 2004-05 except the green. I wonder why? Maybe because they can only fit six in a box?

This is absolutely fabulous of you. I'd heard of these cars but had no way of tracking down one for purchase. Thanks for doing this for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.