1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible source for MANY Die Cast 1/34 Scale Prii w/ front doors that open

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by rufaro, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcsj @ Jul 13 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]285789[/snapback]</div>
    mcsj, I will have to get back to you about that. The last of the whites in this batch went a couple of hours ago, not long after I logged your original request for one of each. The requests are slowing down now, and unless more people start coming back, I have reached my limit for this order, and unless someone, say, for example, the guy who wants six in white, agrees to release one, well, right now, you can get 2 of every color except white...But you could still have the original box, just missing one ... or make up the 12 with a 3rd of any other color...Now.

Or, more people could speak up, and I will go for another couple of dozen or so, but I do not know, given the pace of the first 18 hours vs the most recent 6.

I am inclined to say I'll give it at least into the weekend, to give those among us who might actually work occasionally instead of haunting PC a shot at the toys as well. Anyway, I will keep the board posted, and certainly let you know about a white coming up--if you would also please let me know what you want if the white is NOT available.

All that said, however--given how great the response was to this order, I could probably be persuaded to do it again a little way down the road.

And just to remind everyone who has more than 2 cars coming--I will have to have the cars and packing materials in hand, along with your zip code to figure out the shipping charge. Up to 1lb, as noted earlier, it is one flat rate for the whole country, and I THINK I may be able to get 3 into a less than 16 oz package. From 16 oz up to 2lbs, and again from 2 - 3 (which I don't think even 12 cars likely to hit), the exact USPS Priority Shipping rate varies slightly depending on between which zip codes the parcel is shipped.

As of right now, there appear to be 1 black, 2 red, 4 silver, 6 champagne/driftwood pearl and 1 blue left, with a specific deficit of one white, if anyone is willing to trade. I have assigned colors to those who indicated "any" color--not, they are not ALL champagne--but there are also still a few people who I expect spent the day working who did plan on specifiying numbers and colors...

I am really tired--some may notice I've been posting fairly consistently for most of the last 22 hours,, one way and another!

I'm going to nap, then I;ll think about it tomorrwo at Tara...no no no...wrong movie again...

More later...

2. mike b

mike b New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike b @ Jul 13 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]285848[/snapback]</div>

I would actually like 2 silver ones if that's possible.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Jul 13 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]285760[/snapback]</div>
    I would have loved for the director to be there and a Q&A afterwards.

It was very well organized and visually stimulating. I liked the way it was set up as an indictment and then sentencing. Although I do feel the consumer should have had a hung jury or suspended sentence. Way too many consumers simply didn't even know those cars existed and that wasn't their fault. I also think those cars were ahead of their time. Had they continued to build them, improve them and expand distribution things would be way different now. Like the 1997 Prius versus the redesigned 2004. That's when the Prius really took off. American companies don't have that kind of patience or long term confidence in their product. They want instant success.

I'm sure you could name the places where the audience just plain laughed at the screen. Who made statements that so lacked credibility or were outright lies.

While I knew of the EV I had no idea those other electric cars were available. I know how I missed the RAV...I had just bought a car in September of 1996 and so wasn't paying attention to cars. And I wouldn't have purchased anything like an SUV anyway...not even a small one. And by the time they started selling the RAV and for the short time they were selling them....I had already bought my car and they were hugely under the radar.

The movie was both enjoyable and sobering. I was car shopping in September of 1996 and went to Saturn. The salesman didn't have an EV for me to test drive but did ask me if I was interested. I did ask about it but when he said lease only I passed. I told him I'd be interested in outright buying the car but that I didn't lease cars. As it turns out, according to the movie, they wouldn't have given me a lease anyway. I may not be a third grade science teacher but I was a middle school music teacher...not famous at all. I ended up buying a Saturn SC2 coupe. I sold that car to my sister when I bought my Prius. I'm hoping she'll buy my 2005 Prius when I buy the 2009 in fall of 2008.

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think you missed my post where I said I DEFINITELY want 3, 2 white and 1 'any color'. If the the whites are a problem for you, I'd accept 1 white and 2 'any color', preferably different colors, since 2 of them will go to my grandsons and it's better if they have different colors. (If I only get 1 white one, it's MINE to play with!!!!)

Strange that there's a run on white - I've been told it's the least popular color with the 'real' Prius. I wasn't picky about color when I was buying a 'real' one (except not silver - that's the color of the car that t-boned me!), but for my toy, I'm definitely picky!

If I get TWO white ones, one will go to my older grandson, who's almost 5. He rode in my Prius over the 4th of July weekend, and since the Prius senses passenger weight, he was able to ride safely in the front seat, a definite thrill for him. His papa kept pointing out things about the car especially on the MFD display, and soon little Kagan was telling us when the car wasn't using any energy from the ICE or the battery! I'll have to ask his papa to draw a nice little ENERGY screen for the inside of Kagan's toy Prius ;)

5. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    Thank you so much for doing this. I would be happy to take the champagne as my third car since my first Prius was a Driftwood. Be sure to include all packing and shipping costs. I do not want you to lose any money sending me some toys.

As an aside - did you ever learn how to get that empty nest thing going. I too have an 18 year-old boy who I would really like to get rid of at this point of his life. An empty nest sounds real good right now. :lol:

6. biff_debris

biff_debris WOOF!

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Rufaro,

Thanks so much for all the effort! My wife wanted to get a blue Prius and had to settle for millenium silver, so now I can get a blue one for her :D . Please put me down for one blue and one champagne.

Thanks again...

7. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

If they are $5 then I would like two up my order to two of them.

So help me get this straight, you pull back on the car and let go, the ICE kicks in and then once up to speed the ICE kicks off and it goes into Stealth Mode the rest of the way.

Darelldd, do you think we can get some lights for these things?

8. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    1 red and 1 blue for me, please! Yay, Prius babies! :D

9. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If two blues are a problem, any other color will do. But not white. I'll save those for what seems like everyone else. :D

10. DougSlug

DougSlug Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would certainly be interested in, say, three of them--one for each of my kids and one for me! Any color is fine...how about 1 red, 1 white and 1 blue (if a green one becomes available, that's definitely my first choice).

- Doug

11. lilrdwgn

lilrdwgn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like a Red one!

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    got any black ones left for a fellow black prius driving chick, rufaro? ;)

13. prius23

prius23 New Member

I am interested in purchasing 2 black Prius.

Thanks for your time and energy.

14. momfortheenvironment

oh my gosh, I've been looking for my son, I think I'd want two blue, one for him and one for me!

15. yorkeyng

yorkeyng New Member

omg, yes! please put me down for a red!

btw, has anyone made the obvious joke of whether or not we have to wait 4-6 months for one? okay, that was dumb, sorry. ;)

16. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    if it will help I will take a champagne, for my white...

OK, and how would you like us to tip you? if you get $1 extra from all that should be a nice dinner out for you and hubby... but you make the call.

If you are close to having just about enough to get one more set put me down for one more... any color...

And I too thank you very much for putting in the time and effort for doing this.

17. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    I'm in for an extra dollar per order (or even per car) for your trouble.

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yorks @ Jul 13 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]286022[/snapback]</div>
    Those waiting for their Prii on order should order one. Make it a race to see which one gets in first. And of course if the putt-putt arrives first...it's a little something to tide them over until the Adult size arrives.

19. Tony M

Tony M New Member

I'll see that offer of a dollar tip and raise you...oh, never mind, it's already getting too complicated. I'm in for the tip 100%.
    Tony

20. genalex

genalex Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Jul 12 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]285270[/snapback]</div>
    I have found a wholesaler of these little cuties, and, as I have all of the necessary reseller's info due to working as Queen of Administrivia for my husband's software company, I am trying to get price info. They are taking some time to verify our permit, and then I will find out how much they will cost me. Their MSRP is $5.99, they sell in multiples of 12, the minimum order is $200 at a time, and I know nothing else yet. I would sell them for pretty close to my actual cost (which includes the company's charge to ship to me), plus shipping and whatever it costs me to buy adequate packaging materials. I'd have to say, I will round up to something reasonable to deal with the quantity of shipping/packing that would be involved...I am not planning on turning this into a big business, but I don't plan to lose money either! I need to know if there is enough interest out there for me to go with this. I expect I can find out by next week about how much they'll cost, and what kind of choice of colors I'd get and so on. No one would be obliged to anything by letting me know of potential interest--I just need to know how far I should pursue this...I don't have any intention of a big biz here, but I have seen lots of folks interested in something like this. So, please let me know! If you're shy, feel free to PM, but I'm afraid my storage area might fill up, so...well, how many PCers are shy?? B)
    [/b][/quote]

A blue one for me, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.