1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible to disable 3 warning beeps when opening and shutting doors when keyfob is not in vehicle?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Brian Mel, Aug 15, 2014.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, no toyota employees here. i think you're just asking for something no one else has thought about before, so you may have to be the trailblazer. that's how mods come about the first time. all the best.(y)

2. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    And yet you reamain stubborn in insisting that it work the WAY YOU WANT IT TO and refuse to listen to alternatives.

When a LOT of people all give you the same answer, maybe you should actually pay attention.

3. Brian Mel

Brian Mel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Leaving the keys in the car or turning it off is not the solution, it's merely a bandaid. I was looking for a modification. When people were looking to bypass the navigation speed blockout for the navigation radios, did people say you can just pull over and the screen will unlock? No. People created alternatives such as switches and modules that bypass the speed lock while driving to unlock the grayed out sections.

I joined this forum because I thought it was a community full of prius owners who want to help, not judge and create problems and maybe come up with a solution that might help other prius owners with a problem like mine.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    exactly.;)

can't do it on a gen III. i think you can go into programming, but it maybe a hassle evrytime you want to turn sks on/off.

5. PriusInParadise

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Last night, I tried this on my 2011 Two, and could not find any customization for this function. I tried all the options I thought were relevant, and some that were not.
    I used my Mongoose Pro MFC and Techstream v 9.31.000.
    There does not appear to be an option to change the key in beeps.
    Sorry.

#45 PriusInParadise, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Here's what I just did:
    1. Start the car.
    2. Reach under and disable the Smart Key by toggling the button under the steering wheel.
    3. Got out with the keys.
    4. Shut the door.
    There was no Beep!
    I got back in, turned the Smart Key back on, got back out, shut the door, and there was the beep. I repeated this process three times and am satisfied this is the solution you are looking for.

Here's the key: you have to have the Smart Key on when you start the car otherwise you'll have to insert the fob to start the car. And once it's in, you can't remove it. So simply start the car with the Smart Key on and then turn it off.

Give it a go and see if it works for you.

7. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Don't judge the dog by the fleas.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    checked it today, at least on mine, theres a setup button to the right of the mfd. then theres a settings button on the screen, then a car features or something, then, an on/off switch for automatic key system. might be a bit much every time you get in and out of the car.