1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible to get Prius C under MSRP?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by VicVicVic, Mar 12, 2012.

1. JoeVenture

JoeVenture New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Were any of you just offered the dollar amount off the sticker? or did you have to negotiate a bit?

2. priusandquiet

priusandquiet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Joe I told them I was paying in cash and the salesman jumped straight to the invoice price, which was lower than I had expected to pay, so I did not have to do really any bargaining besides some add ons.

3. Wildfire

Wildfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like the floor mats to me.. The dealer we stopped at today was willing to pull the floor mats and the associated $225 charge, but he was going to tack on a $200 "extra" transportation fee in order to get the car from Oregon in order to compensate. We ended up walking, but at least we finally had a chance to drive one!

4. Carrollights

Carrollights Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I got my 2012 Prius C-3 for $18,200
    I arbitrated with the dealership for 2 days, they only wanted to give me $3k for my Honda for a trade which made the car $20,200....well my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid with its 180k miles, its been wrecked 3 times (all not my fault) and I didn't repair one of those damages and the car looked very used I have to admit but, I wasn't happy with the low suggestion they offered. So I called other Toyota dealerships (Pittsburgh and surrounding areas) I started to get a bidding war going and on my 2nd day (3-21-12) I got my Prius for the $18.2k including tax/title and license. Sold...but there was a dealership that was going to sell me the same Prius C (different color) for $17,200, they called me as I was telling the salesperson to "write it up" for the $18.2k

5. beerme

beerme Repeat Offender

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Carrollghts, so the $18.2K was the amount you paid in addition to the Honda you left with them?

6. Carrollights

Carrollights Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    correct, I traded in my 2007 Honda which they could only offer me 3k for because of its condition the dealer stated it was going straight to auction not to the resale lot, I waited another day and they added another 2k to the trade-in value, so I got $5k for my Honda.

7. MrScott

MrScott Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I paid $22,388 out the door for a Two with tint and floormats as the only dealer installed options. They valued the tint and mats at $600 but total price with tax, title, license, and other fees was less than anyone else. The same dealer provided me with this regarding invoice and their holdback:

MSRP.............................................................................................$21,697 (incl dest)
    Invoice..........................................................................................$20,816
    Dealer Hold Back ...........................................................................-$<398>
    Break even Cost for our Dealership..................................................$20,418

I did have one dealer quote me $28,000 out the door for the same model & options. The salesperson said other dealers haven't added 'Market Adjustment' to their pricing yet and that if I can find one anywhere near MSRP that I should buy on the spot. Needless to say, I ran away from them. Might as well give my money to Exxon and drive my old car. Geesh...

8. MrScott

MrScott Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I forgot to mention there was no trade involved. I declined the $2,100 extended maintenance/warranty package they tried to sell me and was able to get 3.5% for 60 mos. from a local credit union.

9. greeneggs

greeneggs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    do all the prices people posted here include the freight and taxes (out the door price) or are they excluding?

thanks,

10. Onesmallrat

Onesmallrat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I checked all the dealerships within 150 miles and none had a Two in stock. Eventually had to go for a Two with carpets for $22,360 out the door with all taxes and fees. Pretty much MSRP although i argued i would not pay for $225 mats. Salesman was decent and car was available immediately so I made the commitment. :)

Another dealership said they charge extra for nitrogen in the tires and etchings on the glass. My salesperson said these things are waived fees and not a big deal. So, one day when I fill the tires I will find out what's inside.. ;)

11. thisyearsgirl

thisyearsgirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got my Prius C III without any extras today for $21,991.00. Paid $2500 downpayment and got a rate of 4.95% APR over 5 years...which isn't that bad considering I'm a first time buyer with limited credit history and my credit cards are just below being maxed out while I'm waiting on an insurance check o_O

They wanted $22,699.00 and were insisting they couldn't discount it because there was only "$400-500 profit on the car" at MSRP...until I whipped out my emails and was like look, Glendale said they'd give it to me for under $22k, so maybe I'll just head over there. MAGICALLY, they were somehow able to find a way to drop the price to match... ;)

12. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can you let me know how much you're paying out the door, with all taxes and fees included? Thank you.

13. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How much was the total before taxes and fees? What you paid seems to be below the MSRP, but I'm not quite sure. Thanks.

14. EVOX

EVOX New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I picked up my c3 today! I paid 200 over invoice (21,691) and it came with the floormats. I was able to get a 1.9 %for 5 years with a credit score of 742. The dealer I went to said they use Experian to base the finance rate off of. I did put 8k down so that might have helped a little with price/interest rate but I haven't seen anyone on the forums get a lower rate than that so far so I was stoked!

15. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I paid MSRP price + plus some options like carpet, alloy, moonroof.

zero down. I get 2.49% 6 years. is it a good deal? lol this is my first time to buy a new car by myself. someone helped me last time and I just signed all the paper and I didn't know anything. what a shame. haha.

16. amdnivram

amdnivram New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Got the Prius C four with everything 22,443 --> sticket price for car was 25,433 got it for 22,433 instead
    registration 2,100
    Toyota total care platinum 2500
    dealer fees 3xx
    499 alarm
    total 28078

downpayment + trade in =5500
    total financed=22549 at 4.99% with payments under 430 for 5 years.

went to various places and found out that state farm is offering to finance the car for 0% for 5 years

17. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    0%, eh? That beats all. I would imagine that only applies if you're using State Farm as your insurer.

18. amdnivram

amdnivram New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    yeah you get better rates if you have state farm or farmers since they are both under the same company.

19. priusandquiet

priusandquiet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Hey Vic sorry was gone this weekend, my total before tax and fees was $19740

20. VicVicVic

VicVicVic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    A local dealership is offering the Prius c, trim 2, for $19,500. Anyone think I can go lower? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. Thanks.