1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible to replace JBL with BT with after market do everything model?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by N7OKN, May 6, 2014.

1. N7OKN

N7OKN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have the JBL unit with hands free and would like to replace the stock head with something that streams bluetooth music, has HD radio, provides navigation and retains the hands free buttons on the wheel. (voice commands never did work or I didn't know how to make work, so that can go). I'd also like to retain the option for the aux jack in the center console, and the overhead mic. Is this even possible? Is there a Pruis II kit to make a standard 2 din stereo look nice? Brand new owner of a 2007 and need some advice. I won't do anything unless I know it can be done. I'm going to use existing speakers as I have hearing damage and can't really appreciate high end sound. I do need HD AM because my favoroite talk radio station is HD and I can't stand listening to analog AM. I also have a ham radio I've built into the slot below the radio so It's stealth. I've been to al i express and they have drop-in replacements for the GenIII, but I can't find it for the Gen II.