1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Possible upgrade from JBL with Navigation?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by NewHybridOwner, Apr 19, 2020.

1. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The maps on our 2015 Prius Four are way out of date, and using Google Maps or Sygic Navigation on a cell phone is not very convenient. When (or maybe IF) we get out of this lockdown, we've thought of taking Route 66, and I'd like to be able see a decent-size representation of of the navigation app.

So I don't need a unit with built-in navigation, but I'd like to be able to play the phone's video on a screen at least as large as the current navigation unit, and keep the steering-wheel controls and the back-up camera (with the addition of the guidelines, and maybe have the Sirius-XM option just to subscribe for the duration of the trip.

I'd like something that fits in the same space as the current unit without blocking other controls, vents, etc.

Suggestions?

2. Michael Keenan

Michael Keenan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just upgraded a 2013 Prius with JBL and Nav to a new head unit. I ended up getting a 10" screen that does not fit in the unit, but the components you need should be the same or similar, whatever head unit you use.
    To keep the reverse camera and steering wheel controls, something like the PAC RP4.2-TY11 Radiopro4 Ty11
    You'll need the dash kit, either the SCOSCHE TA2105B or the Metra 95-8226B
    To keep the USB port in the center console the PAC USB-TY1
    Reverse camera input needs the PAC CAM-TY11
    AM/FM radio Antenna Adapter needs Metra 40-LX11
    Head over to Crutchfield.com and put your Prius, making sure to include the fact that it has the JBL with Nav. You'll see systems that are compatible and Crutchfield will give you options for needed harnesses and adapters.

Cory19thFloor and Leftoutknitter like this.
  3. Cory19thFloor

Cory19thFloor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Great info. Thanks!

4. Markdizle

Markdizle Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model: