1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

post 2007 highlander hybrid model - pick one

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by hyhi, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So I traded in my 2007 Limited Highlander Hybrid with 99k miles on it and got a 2017 Honda Ridgeline. Nice 'pilot' truck, very smooth ride. Not using the 'truck' part much though. Do have a 2016 Prius Four also. Back and prior Sciatica issues (a gift that seems to keep giving) make it 'fun' at times getting out of the Prius unless I raise the seat all the way up.

At any rate, been check out some used post 2007 highlander hybrids and noticed the 2010 model has a 'magic' middle seat option. Anyone know what years they did that type of feature?

Guess it did not go over well since they still don't use it. Wondering what those that have it think of it when changed out to a middle seat option or drink/tray option.

Was not impressed with the ride on a used one I rode yesterday, 2010 model. Turned a bit like a boat, hope no offense to anyone that has that model year. Indeed, maybe the old 2007 was a sweet spot, not too small though not too large. Wonder if the 2019 RAV hybrid is now the old 2007 highlander hybrid model I am thinking. Photo attached of the 'middle' seat option feature. At least the 2019 RAV will get Carplay. I must admit I LOVE the safety features in the Prius. If I moved to a used, nonhybrid highlander, I would have to look only at a 2014 thru 2016 Limited model so I could both safety features and Cooled seats. I am afraid of the transmission on the 2017 and newer highlanders though.
    Ride safe IMG_1293.jpg

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All of the 2nd generation (2008-2013) had the stowable middle seat.

2011 was the midlife update year (new headlights, taillights, grille, front bumper, possibly mirrors, new engine for hybrid models)