1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Post-database apocalypse thread - 2014 Edition

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 12, 2014.

1. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When you reinstalled the app, did priuschat already exists as one of your forums? If yes, it's keeping the old settings in memory. You should remove the priuschat as one of your forums. Then delete the app and reinstall. Then add the forum back.

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    ^^ Memory ?
    Perhaps cleaning up cookies will do the trick

3. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes I had already deleted it. Then I used the search to find Priuschat again. Then I tried to open the forum and got the error.

4. FrankB

FrankB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I tried removing and added back and end up with the same error.

5. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    What phone and Tapatalk version are you on? And does it still work if you log out of PriusChat and back in?

6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Samsung note 3 says version 4.10.2, and seems to be working properly

I can't remember ever logging out, it's always worked.....for the exception when the website is down, tapatalk would be down for me

7. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    We know that Danny doesn't have all the Tapatalk software re-installed on the server, so I think the problem may vary depending on the version of Tapatalk and the type of phone. Tapatalk has released several new versions in the past couple of months for both Android and iOs, with a lot of changes.

8. Toyonka

Toyonka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I did email this to Danny but no response. It seems the Prius Chat configuration is fubared. See screenshot. Hopefully an easy fix of that file. Screenshot_2015-01-07-23-31-26~2.jpg

9. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yes it is broken.
    Yes it has been discussed at length here already.
    Yes Danny knows......but doesn't seem to care.

Yes it would be REALLY nice if you would browse a little bit before you post the same thing for the hunderdth time. :)

10. Toyonka

Toyonka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I searched for "Tapatalk" in this forum and the last thread that came up was from October and was unrelated.

I hope Danny fixes it. Just one file apparently. It's the only forum I can't access on Tapatalk. Thanks for the reply.

11. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yes the search function doesn't work very good either. That may be beyond Danny's control or expertise.

It is noteworthy though, I think, that the post immediately prior to yours in this very thread was about that very thing........unless maybe a mod has moved your post to another thread.

12. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've even bugged Danny on Twitter (@priuschat), but he ignores me.

13. C Clay

C Clay Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry to ask this question guys, but this used to work well with Tapatalk. Now we get a message about some XML or something not working right… Is there any other app for browser you guys and gals are using to view this website on a mobile device.

14. Starbrand

Starbrand Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    i use chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S5.

15. C Clay

C Clay Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I didn't mention that I have an iPhone 5s… And the Safari browser in my opinion is a miserable experience for viewing Prius chat. LOL :)

16. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Tapatalk has been broken for many users since the great crash was fixed on December 12th, and Danny has shown no inclination to fix it. I just messaged him again.
    There are no other apps that I know of to replace Tapatalk; the only option is to read it in your mobile browser, which is a pain.

C Clay likes this.
  17. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    All I will say is, 'No Tapatalk, then no PriusChat participation at all for me then!' I can't go back to browsing forums manually in any stupid browser.

C Clay likes this.
  18. zigzampow

zigzampow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ya this needs to get fixed!

19. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well. Magic sometimes happens. I was not able to add Priuschat forums to my Tapatalk using the native Tapatalk search feature. BUT, I amazingly stumbled on a workaround that got Priuschat back online in my android Tapatalk app.

I received a forum notification message advising me of new replies in a subcribed forum (which just happened to be for this forum, too funny). So, I clicked the link in my email to take me to this Priuschat forum, and android prompted me to select the app I wanted to use from the Chrome browser to Tapatalk. Well WTH, with my trigger finger I selected Tapatalk and WALLA! Tapatalk promptly opened the Priuschat forum. At this point I hit the menu and logged in so it would save Priuschat in the main forum list. So, in the words of 'Q', I'm baaaack!

I also did another workaround on my other tablet that also worked. I opened the browser to one of the Priuschat forums, and I copied the URL. I then opened Google's search app and pasted the Priuschat forum link in the search bar which android then prompted me for which app I wanted to open the link in and I obviously selected Tapatalk. P.F.M.

Update. Use this forums URL since it seems to make this trick work since I tried other forum links on my Nexus 7 and couldn't get them to work. Post-database apocalypse thread - 2014 Edition | PriusChat

#99 DaWeav, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  20. gen2prius

gen2prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Hi guys,

Anyone got the forum going on Tapatalk? I was trying to set it up on an Android phone earlier, but got an error saying...

Tapatalk add-on file 'addon-Tapatalk.xml' was not imported. It may affect some app features in this forum. Please inform the forum admin to complete the installation.

It doesn't navigate into the forum (screenshot below). It's Tapatalk version 4.10.4, other forums work fine.

Cheers!