1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Post,Gen.2= Who still has the original Hybrid battery-How many miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ski.dive, Jan 13, 2020.

1. ToyotaGal

ToyotaGal Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is your maintance care?

Data Daedalus likes this.
  2. ToyotaGal

ToyotaGal Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 09 has 264,000 on the original battery. I am in the middle of cleaning the fan for the fist time since I've owned the car.

bisco likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There is a $435,000 mi car local to me original hybrid battery silver case Toyota stickers on it the whole nine I don't think it's even been played with before a lady drives it It doesn't ever sit except when she goes on vacation maybe I think she works at NC State which is a school which is open a lot I just put a brake actuator on that car a few months ago. But I would be looking for it to die any second and when it does it'll fall hard so they'll be needing to make arrangements quickly or park the car for the time they make the decisions I know when my battery and my '09 went south it went down fast 3637 mi to the gallon ice engine only but the car still drove pl

4. SRQ

SRQ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At about 240k with the original battery still, ready for it to go any day now. No issues seen despite several months-long work trips and below freezing temps.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If you keep the car in the wind these things can go to 400k plus just needs to be driven and kept dry inside Make sure there's no leaks in the hatch so on and so forth most people are driving around with the battery tray for the 12 volt half full of water and don't even know it or a lot of people have I put it to you like that You can see the rust.

6. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Our 2007 model had the original HV battery to 132521 miles, which was until a couple of days ago. No codes yet but it was getting weak, so when I saw a new OEM one from a dealer for $1650 I bought it and installed it. (They wanted $1050 to install it!)

Data Daedalus and Tombukt2 like this.
  7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's a pretty good rate that's like an hour job The newbie an hour and a half That's very easy it's just unscrewing 10 mm and 12 mm bolts nothing to it use your little electric screwdriver minus your hour and a half of labor you're saving yourself basically 950 bucks or better maybe a tad more yeah I'll take that savings any day there's no charging no funny business just drop it in there hook it up throw in the plug take it for a drive

8. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think they said they bill it as 3 hours. Still $350/hour for labor is pretty steep, especially since, having just done this, it isn't exactly rocket science.

Data Daedalus and Tombukt2 like this.
  9. mookie60

mookie60 Junior Member

2004 Prius, 207k miles, original battery, no cell swaps
    Original owner

Have not tried the Dr Prius battery health test, but . . .
    Torque Pro app shows the cell voltages staying within a difference of 0.1volts between the highest/lowest cells. Cell internal resistances all reading 22 miliOhms (one cell at 21).

Rph74 likes this.
  10. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah the car that I worked on that has the 435K which now should be about 4:45 or getting close to it I didn't run any of those tests but I did change the brake actuator and bled the brakes and all of that without hooking up a backup charger or anything to any of the voltage systems while the car was in my possession for about 34 hours I drove the car installed the brake actuator bled the brakes drove the car up and down my 2-mile road which I can go any speed I want on so on and so forth the car drove great I didn't see the green but I saw the full blue and didn't see any red or magenta while the car was with me and I rode up and down my road 85 miles an hour two or three passes.

11. McCool79fj40

McCool79fj40 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Currently helping a friend with some repairs on her 06 Prius. 180k still on the original hybrid battery.