1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Post here if you spot a Prius C!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by EVOX, Apr 1, 2012.

1. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I saw one this afternoon on I- 290 in Chicago going inbound. I see these little Priis almost everyday, pretty soon they are going to be everywhere just like liftbacks are.
    [​IMG]

RocMills likes this.
  2. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I saw my first summer rain today. I was so excited! It looked really nice with its tinted windows. I waved. I think they waved back, but it was hard to tell with the tint.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As I mentioned, I hardly see any in San Jose around where I usually go. But, today, I had to go to Daly City and SF. On the way there, I saw two white c's and another on the way back. They were all on... wait for it... the highway. :)

4. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I saw my first habanero almost-twin last night! (it didn't have a sunroof) It was parked in a shopping center and I was just desperate for one of the parking spots next to it to open up because I thought it would be hilarious to park next to it and take a photo. Alas, after some extended lurking the other C owner never showed up so I grabbed my Chipotle burrito and headed home for Game 2 of the Series.

5. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Saw a blue C on the highway. Got a wave! So exciting seeing more Cs on the road.

6. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Also in San Jose- saw a Habanero, and the occupants were giving me the long stare as we passed each other on Great America Parkway. Up til then, I have seen a White one on my way up to Yosemite, and there is a Blue Streak resident in my home town up in the Santa Cruz mountains. My SO saw another SRM the other day and wondered if it was me playing hooky from work (not!).

The best was test-driving a Habanero, then, while test-driving the regular Prius right after on the same route, we were behind a Habanero. It was quite trippy, as I thought I might be following myself in an alternate reality!

They still seem pretty rare to me, especially considering how plentiful the regular prii of any year are.

Oh, and a colleague bought a V (and she envies my interior layout and classy design!), and there is an Absolute Red V I see on the way home pretty often.

I still giggle with glee because I love my car...

Tracy likes this.
  7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    Yep, for whatever reason, Prius c's seem to be quite rare in San Jose, at least the parts I regularly venture into.

8. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That seems so weird to me because I watched the listings for Cs for the Seattle, Portland, and Bay areas (just because I could drive to Portland and I guess I was tormenting myself looking at the California stuff). There are so few Cs within 50 miles of the Seattle metro area (at least during the 2 months I was in waiting mode) but there were always Cs like I wanted in the San Jose/Santa Cruz area! I figured it would be fairly easy to spot one in the wild there.

9. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Tracy, I am also surprised, especially given the full-on salmon run of other prii that flow over 17 between SJ and SC on a daily basis. On the other hand, it maybe that there are so many still very serviceable prii in use that there isn't much appetite for replacement yet, and the new ones (like mine and the Vs) are those who couldn't/didn't want a Prius before they reached this level of price/style.

Toyota-spotting is still my favorite game- my old game of "guess the gen of the Rav 4 (which are still very plentiful!)" has been supplemented as I learn the looks of my new fave...

Tracy likes this.
  10. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Saw the other blue streak today, it zipped right by me while I was in the left turn lane. The other C drivers in this town must not have much "team spirit" - it didn't honk or wave or anything. :-(

Tracy likes this.
  11. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I finally spotted my first C in the wild after over 5 months and 12,000 Kms throughout British Columbia and even down to Spokane. A Summer Rain on route 97 in West Kelowna,British Columbia. Unfortunately, I did not have time to wave.

12. norahs

norahs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe we'll see each other on the 17 one day!

As for myself, I've seen a SRM on the main street by myself a few times going to work, a blue streak a couple times on 880 to work, a haberno a couple times on 880 and a silver on 280 once.

ChinchillaGirl likes this.
  13. ChinchillaGirl

ChinchillaGirl OrcaCar

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'll keep an eye open- you'd be my first AbRed C!

14. dick_larimore

dick_larimore Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Was in NY City one week ago and saw 2 Habanero C's in a one h0ur drive thru the city. That color is pretty hard to overlook. Then got on a cruise ship to the Caribbean and saw a Prius C in San Juan Puerto Rico.

15. yogipaolo

yogipaolo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I picked up my Prius c2 on March 30th. It's 7 months in and now I am one of three Prius Cs in my garage at work. I'm seeing them all over town now.

16. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I saw my first Prius C in Mississippi today.

17. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Seen a silver one this morning!!!!

18. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    My c spotting count remains at 1, but I'm getting warmer at work. Despite a car park full of SUVs, SUVs and more SUVs last week I managed to park next to a Gen II liftback and today was excited to park next to a v - the first I'd seen in the flesh anywhere. I've never seen Prii in our car park before.

I have to wonder if the v's owner shared my excitement... or if they didn't even notice I had parked next to them.

19. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I get excited when I see a c or a v. More so a c tho. I always wonder how other Prius drivers feel. It's like were in this one big happy family.

20. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had a silver c follow me most of the way home today!