1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

post pics of your prius w/ rims!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mrplease, Sep 8, 2008.

1. snapster

snapster New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nice man. Have any pictures? Will you need any spacers at all? I don't even know what the necessary offsets are to get a flush look on the fender.

2. Fred_H

Fred_H Misoversimplifier

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    [​IMG]
    Dotz Imola 6.5 X 16, 40 mm offset, Pirelli Sottozero 195/55 R16 87 H
    These are snow tires, which I leave on these rims. I use these from October to March. Summer rims/tires still original...

3. Vladi_07

Vladi_07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    SO nice!! the second one :eek: never thought a Prius can look so good! lol

looks perfect!!

ugh, i cant properly quote you :mad:

4. Neena2007

Neena2007 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    my share with the TC wheels...
    ...also 35% tint all around.

Attached Files:

ParadisePrius likes this.
  5. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Most all my mods have been relatively inexpensive. These MB Drifter rims at Discount Tires ran under $80 each. They are 16x7. Tires, also under $80, are205/55R. This makes the overall rolling diameter slightly larger than OEM, resulting in a small difference in mileage and mpg recorded by the car. My gps shows it at about 1% (It shows 101 miles traveled for each 100 the car records.

I've taken a mleage hit estimated at around 2-3 mpg. The difference, in handling and stability at speed - even with significant quartering headwinds, is worth it to me. Your driving conditions and preferences might differ.

Attached Files:

6. turnerdhr

turnerdhr HellaFlush(TM) Prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. turnerdhr

turnerdhr HellaFlush(TM) Prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

hey snapster,

no spacers yet.. was a real pain... but i managed to just get the right offset!..... phew!!... BUT.... I'm thinking of getting some 5mm spacers for the rear... to get her perfect... will be looking for some now.... actually i think probably just 3mm will do.... I have already rolled the rear fenders and i really don't see much space back there to play around with.... we'll soon see....

Attached Files:

8. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a set of 16" aluminum rims wrapped in Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max 205/50/16 tires. The wheel/tire combo is 3 lbs heavier than the stock 15" rims and tires (each, so 12 lbs total). The tires drive more quietly and smoothly -- while coasting in my neighborhood this evening I could barely hear the car moving at all with the window down. The original Integrities made more noise.

Attached Files:

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Centerline Monsoon RPM 17x7", 15lbs

[​IMG]

In my native habitat..... I switched back to stock so I don't mess up the Centerlines

[​IMG]

10. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    These weren't my choice, they came with the car and I wasn't too crazy about them at first but they've grown on me. ADR Designs Battle Exe I think. Only trouble is they must have been popular at the local tire shop because I've seen them on several different cars around town.

- D

Attached Files:

11. sunstarfire

sunstarfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Die sind huebsch :)

12. Fred_H

Fred_H Misoversimplifier

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ja, und reinigungsfreundlich auch!

Hi Sunstarfire!
    Have you checked out www.priusfreunde.de and www.priuswiki.de ? If you search there for "Rueckfahrkamera" you might find some helpful dokumentation for your camera problem.

13. sunstarfire

sunstarfire New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually yeah, I have. If you look in the wiki you will find an article about some LEDs for the interior, and I also asked some stuff on the forum. Seems to be nice there, but noone so far has retrofitted the original camera. I am collecting all the stuff I need (hopefully) and then will try it as soon as it gets a lil warmer :)

14. mary2al

mary2al Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I took the plastic wheel covers off my 09 touring 16" (can't believe anyone would leave em on over those cool wheels)

However now I need the small center hub cap -- any ideas muchly appreciated!

Danka

15. bino

bino JDM ZVW30

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    updated pic of my car....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm happy to report that the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires are doing as well if not *slightly* better than the Integrities on mpg, despite being slightly heavier (with the new rims) and increasing the rim size to 16". I realize other factors may be at work. While the Michelin Energy Saver is a better choice, if you don't want to spend the extra $ these are decent tires, IMO. I thought I would have taken a mileage hit, but that hasn't happened. I was careful to select a lightweight aftermarket rim.

17. Takaaaa

Takaaaa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was wondering are you lowered?
    Also do you rub at full turn or when you go over bumps? Im thinking about getting 18x8 wheels thats why.

18. MarkusMann

MarkusMann Junior Member

Today I put new Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires (P185/65R15) with König Zero-In (15") light sport alloys (see pic) on my 2007 Prius (switching out the original Goodyear Integrity at 30,200 miles).

I went for the Primacy for the handling and fuel economy. A proven tire (I was eyeing the Michelin Energy Saver A/S for a bit, but liked the Primacy handling aspect for my commute).

The rims were a choice I'd been considering but didn't make the decision until they showed me them on the car, which is when I knew I had to get them. I like the look of chrome wheels, but I didn't want the added weight. So I went with the sporty looking light alloys.

Attached Files:

19. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Neena,

Are those 17"? How is your FE in relation to stock with those tires/rims?

20. Fred_H

Fred_H Misoversimplifier

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi mary2al, I don't remember where, but I once read that the small center hub caps from a different Toyota model fit perfectly on the original Prius touring 16" wheels, and are available from Toyota as a spare part. Unfortunately, I also don't remember which model. If your Toyota shop has some in stock, they might let you try if they fit.