1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Post your dog's pics here!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Starbug, Sep 6, 2004.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I does depend on the dog. Sasha likes my old Ford Explorer, more room. She can ride in the Prius but it is a bit tight. If we go to the Bank and get a bone at the drive through it is ok!

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow that hatchback definitely came in handy!!

3. cybele

cybele New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michelle_mcd\";p=\"38698)</div>
    My pooch is only thirty pounds, so she sits in the back seat. I throw down a beach towel to make sure she doesn't get paw prints all over the place (though the fabric is remarkably resistant to stains).

You can anchor a small dog crate in the rear cargo area (there are tiedown clips). However, there is no ventilation back there, so putting down the seats and pointing the cage door towards the front would probably keep the pooch cooler.

If you keep your dog in the back seat, I highly recommend training it with a seatbelt. You can get a harness that will fit any dog and snap it to the seatbelt. This keeps them from going flying during a sudden stop and since I buckle my dog up in the center, it keeps her from putting her nose all over the windows. She just curls up and sleeps.

I have too many friends who have lost their dogs in relatively minor accidents because they weren't secured.

I have also taken our dog in our Saab which has leather seats and do the same thing, put down a towel and keep the dog buckled up and you shouldn't have too much trouble with the nails. (Also, with leather the dog hair doesn't get imbedded in the fabric.)