1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Posting Maintenance Records at Toyota Online

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by twittel, Jan 7, 2011.

1. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been posting my 2011 Prius maintenance records at "Toyota Owners Online", but honestly, don't see the benefit of continuing. I first started posting, believing I would get an email reminder for scheduled maintenace, or even receive service tips/tricks, discounts, etc. The truth is I don't get any Toyota online reminders or replies. I realize that "Toyota Owners Online" is primarily a marketing tool, but what's their point for encouraging maintenance records posting?

Happy Motoring,

tom

2. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When and if you sell your car you'll have the ability to print your service history out for buyers, also if you diy or or elsewhere entering history would help dealership maintance.

3. jim256

jim256 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It may depend on the dealer. They have posted all my service (I haven't gone elsewhere or DIY), and I do get service reminders as well as a monthly email on community events which also has some new product info from the dealership (Toyota and Subaru combined). The local dealer is pretty good about keeping in touch--I had 2 Lexus's before my 2 Toyotas and I hear more from the Toyota dealer than I did the Lexus. The welcome pack and gifts were equal on both--personal dealer letters, gourmet cookie delivery, etc.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You did not specify whether you take your car to a Toyota dealer for maintenance or not. If you take it to a dealer and are registered with Toyota Online, the dealer should post your service reports for you. The dealer should be the one to notify you of future service appointments. I get both email and regular mail notices for upcoming services along with discounts, etc. This comes from the dealer not Toyota Online.

If you DIY or go to a third party, it is nice to have these service records in case you are questioned concerning a warranty issue. As mentioned above, if you sell the car you have a nice record of your maintenance service.

I do my own maintenance at the 5K intervals and take it to the dealer for the 10k intervals including the oil and filter changes. So, the dealer posts the 10k and I post my 5k.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just a sec, as a DIY'r you can post your own maintenance? This is very positive if so: I figured if you or a third party mechanic did the work it was "off the radar".

I'm registered at Toyota Canada's "club toyota". Is that the same thing?? It's showing service entries from a couple of dealerships so far: one for a 12 volt battery replacement (car sat on lot for a while), and a snow tire purchase.

Can I enter stuff there? I'm not sure if possible, but would like to.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, you can on Toyota Owner's Online that I use. I do not know about your Canadian site. But if your dealership posts your service records I would think you would be able to add your own records. There is an "Add Service" tab, IIRC, on the Toyota online site.

I know the Honda owner's site will let you enter service records but the dealerships do not show their service records like Toyota does.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It doesn't look to be possible on the Canadian counterpart "Club Toyota". Appears only Toyota Service Departments have access. :rolleyes:

8. summerville

summerville New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm building a website that will let car owners track their car's maintenance online and receive reminder emails when it's time for scheduled maintenance. It will also have some social aspects so you can see what sort of maintenance other people with the same car as you are doing.

I'm looking for folks to offer their thoughts & ideas, as well as provide feedback once the site is ready for testing. If you're interested, please sign up here: bit.ly/fivbYv (be sure to type in the regular "http" first... it won't let me post a link here)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions...

9. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has anyone else noticed that it doesn't work anymore? I can sign in and see all my old records, but can't enter anything new. It allows me to click "Add Record" and fill in all the info in the webform, but then when I submit by clicking "Add Record" at the bottom - nothing is saved.
    Anyone else having better luck?

- D

10. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll find out in 2000 more miles when I do the 20K service.